Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 7-20-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
TheChimp is off to a very slow start on the FDS .... I’m down 1/2 pound this week ... not much to say except that 3 peach milk shakes this week may be the culprit:redface2: ... looking back in my records the last time I was at this weight I seemed to plateau ... I guess my body just need to adjust before my plunging weight takes me to victory....:biggrin2:

When the going gets slow I recall Bonnie and her “slow is the way to go” theology ... I did not get this heavy overnight (although it seems so) so I won’t get where I need to be overnight ...

How did you do? ...

2012 Founder’s Day Sprint Starting Weight .... 211.0
Last Week .... 211.0
This Week .... 210.5
Race Stats: -0.5

Milkshakes and a loss...BIG win!!!!!!

Well, I'm take my lumps. Yesterday I weighed 181.4. This morning I weighed 183.8. I ate a tomato salad with a little goat cheese, baked grouper with spinach and green beans, then I had the apparently 2.4 pound piece of cake.

So, this week, I am up .1.

Starting Weight for FDS: 183.3
Last Week: 183.7
This Week: 183.8
Total Gain: .5

Next week will be a different story!

I feel your pain, Chimpy and Flash. I am going to have to swim a lot with the grand kiddies today just to have a stay-the-same week and preserve my 1.9 pound loss for the race. Will weigh in officially tomorrow morning.

Superbob's starting weight for the FDS: 270.9

Last week's weight: 269

This week's weight: 270.1

Result for the week: up 1.1

Result so far for the FDS: down 0.8

Okay, go ahead and start the raucous laughter: It is amazing that Superbob could be eating so many Krispy Kremes while talking smack at the same time. :eek2::tongue2:

Actually, Mrs. Superbob cooked a big country ham for family coming from Tennessee, and the saltiness could have led to fluid retention. Or maybe food retention. :eek2:

Anyway, looks like we have a race of tortoises going here. :D

Superbob's starting weight for the FDS: 270.9

Last week's weight: 269

This week's weight: 270.1

Result for the week: up 1.1

Result so far for the FDS: down 0.8

Okay, go ahead and start the raucous laughter: It is amazing that Superbob could be eating so many Krispy Kremes while talking smack at the same time. :eek2::tongue2:

Actually, Mrs. Superbob cooked a big country ham for family coming from Tennessee, and the saltiness could have led to fluid retention. Or maybe food retention. :eek2:

Anyway, looks like we have a race of tortoises going here. :D

In this race of the tortoise, I believe that SB is ahead by a hare!

The Throwdown has become a virtual time machine this week including the following blasts from the past:

"Close encounters of the PIE kind"

"SHAKE it up baby now..."

Cindy and I have been doing "La Bamba" into Colombian and Cuban restaurants.

Superbob has been singing along with Patsy Cline "...instead of having sweet Krispy Kremes with you..."

Now it's "Back to the Future." What foods does your future hold?

The Throwdown has become a virtual time machine this week including the following blasts from the past:

"Close encounters of the PIE kind"

"SHAKE it up baby now..."

Cindy and I have been doing "La Bamba" into Colombian and Cuban restaurants.

Superbob has been singing along with Patsy Cline "...instead of having sweet Krispy Kremes with you..."

Now it's "Back to the Future." What foods does your future hold?

LOL ... the Wise man speaketh .... Future foods????? .... Who can guess ... I need a four day fast:redface2:

I really dreaded weighing this morning, but I did, and I'm in shock. I'm only up one pound, and I seriously believed it would be closer to five.:confused2:
My vacation eating was totally out of control . . . for me . . . . and it's hard to believe it didn't register as a big gain on the scales.:eek2:
I'm thanking my lucky stars, and I will attempt to get back on track from this day forward.:thumbup:

Hi Everyone

Long lost Bob eh...I have thought of you guys the past few months.

I think the last time I checked in Feb/Mar I weighed 205 lbs something like that.
Checked last week at the doctors office now 183 lbs
----
22 lb loss

How have I done that you may ask....not really ready to tell its a bit embarassing and radical.
My doctor assures me I'm great at 183, the maximum I should be is 195 the minimum I can go 155.

Take Care

Bob

I really dreaded weighing this morning, but I did, and I'm in shock. I'm only up one pound, and I seriously believed it would be closer to five.:confused2:
My vacation eating was totally out of control . . . for me . . . . and it's hard to believe it didn't register as a big gain on the scales.:eek2:
I'm thanking my lucky stars, and I will attempt to get back on track from this day forward.:thumbup:

Welcome home Duffster .... I'll send you a few of the pounds I'm sure I gained this week:biggrin2:

I haven't followed this thread before. I had to get past feeling like I had a "right" to indulge after being hit by that truck. I am now 5 months post op, and feeling like if I don't get back on the wagon, I might get back to a post pregnancy weight. I'm posting here to try to make myself accountable to someone. I started weight watcher's a few years ago at post pregnancy weight of 162...146 is considered overweight for my height. I got down to my goal, 137 and maintained for awhile...I ended up back up around 140ish, then found out I needed surgery...well, I wasn't about to deprive myself of my favorite things, so...up I went. Post surgery I figured I would lose the weight due to low appetite and rehab...guess what... No low appetite for me! I maintained around 144 for awhile during rehab, but then rehab was over and I fount myself on an upward trend again. So back to weight watcher's I went..starting weight 146...2 weeks later...146.8. Uh oh...wrong way...I'm really watching it this week...keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will show it.

I haven't followed this thread before. I had to get past feeling like I had a "right" to indulge after being hit by that truck. I am now 5 months post op, and feeling like if I don't get back on the wagon, I might get back to a post pregnancy weight. I'm posting here to try to make myself accountable to someone. I started weight watcher's a few years ago at post pregnancy weight of 162...146 is considered overweight for my height. I got down to my goal, 137 and maintained for awhile...I ended up back up around 140ish, then found out I needed surgery...well, I wasn't about to deprive myself of my favorite things, so...up I went. Post surgery I figured I would lose the weight due to low appetite and rehab...guess what... No low appetite for me! I maintained around 144 for awhile during rehab, but then rehab was over and I fount myself on an upward trend again. So back to weight watcher's I went..starting weight 146...2 weeks later...146.8. Uh oh...wrong way...I'm really watching it this week...keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will show it.

Hi, glad you found our ongoing, weekly thread and Throwdown forum! I also thought I would lose weight after replacement, but it turned out that I lost very little, so I can relate to your situation. I'm sure I speak for all Throwdowners when I say that we will also keep our fingers crossed this week and hope that you achieve the loss you want. If not, we're here to offer support in the weeks ahead.:smile2:

Superbob is not on vacation but is living like it, 'cause family from Tennessee is here, and they want to sample all the good food in this area of 300+ restaurants. Mexican feast one night, last night an Italian place where they continuously bring Italian delicacies to your table. How could SB be expected to pass them up? :eek2:

Speaking of "up," Superbob may defer weighing for a week. Going to need recovery time. :eek2:

Hi Everyone

Long lost Bob eh...I have thought of you guys the past few months.

I think the last time I checked in Feb/Mar I weighed 205 lbs something like that.
Checked last week at the doctors office now 183 lbs
----
22 lb loss

How have I done that you may ask....not really ready to tell its a bit embarassing and radical.
My doctor assures me I'm great at 183, the maximum I should be is 195 the minimum I can go 155.

Take Care

Bob

Hi CanoeBob, good to see you! Congrats on the weight loss, radical or not. We are a nonjudgmental group, so don't worry about how you lost it. Hey, we've been known to be radical at times in order to make a mad dash to the finish line.

Anyway, welcome back. Let us know how you're doing and keep up the good work!

Duffey seems to be in a very good position to vault to the front of the leader board. Congrats on the one pound gain. That's a wow moment after a vacation if I ever heard of one! Right now I seem to be doing about as well as the Chimp and the Superhero. The rest of my effort in the FDS will have to be very flashy if I am going to finish well!!!!

Latest posts

Back