Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 3-16-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Throwdowners!! ... As we closeout the RTSPD all I can say is hats off to the apparent winner (whose name will be withheld until the final weigh in on Friday the 16th) ... it was predicted that TheChimp would crash and burn and so it was ... I suspect sorcery may have been involved in my upward spiral:eek2: .....

It was suggested by our resident super-hero that maybe we should forgo starting another race and go back to personal weekly weight loss/gain posting which is fine with me ... personally I am going on a quest for health by choosing to eat correctly, exercise and get proper rest ... also, I am going to try and lose as much as possible by my trip to Alaska this summer but I am not going to do it by crash or fad dieting, they don’t work for me ... I have been completely out of control and I have no excuse to offer but it has caused two non life threatening heart episodes and this is not exceptable ... I seem to have a new mind set and I hope it is one that will become a lifestyle .... Enough about me ....:rolleyes2:

I will post my weight tomorrow and hope that I can have a break even result for the race but it will be what it will be ....we have many new members on VR.org so maybe this will be a good time to to encourage others to join our band of losers and with no race going on peeps can join in at anytime without feeling they would be at a disadvantage ... I appreciate all that have kept this deal going and I’m looking forward to all of our successes ..... peace out .....:cool2:

Sorcery, huh?

Sorcery, huh?

I got on the scales when I got home, and I've decided to go with today's weight. Maybe seeing my results will spur Superbob on. We've both done well, and really that's what this is all about.:smile2: Besides . . . . I won my side bet with Cooker.:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::thumbup:

Starting weight: 159
Ending weight: 152
Loss: -7 pounds

It makes me no difference whether we race or whether we do our own individual weights each week. I'm in this for the long haul and hope to drop somewhere between 5 and 10 pounds before summer. Good luck to us all!:smile2:

I got on the scales when I got home, and I've decided to go with today's weight. Maybe seeing my results will spur Superbob on. We've both done well, and really that's what this is all about.:smile2: Besides . . . . I won my side bet with Cooker.:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::thumbup:

Starting weight: 159
Ending weight: 152
Loss: -7 pounds

It makes me no difference whether we race or whether we do our own individual weights each week. I'm in this for the long haul and hope to drop somewhere between 5 and 10 pounds before summer. Good luck to us all!:smile2:

Good Job!!!!!:thumbup: .... Let's see what SuperBob does ....:biggrin2:

Seven pounds! How did slender Duffster have that much to lose? I could suggest an investigation by "the Ref," except, well, you know....:tongue2: SB suspects banned substances, sweat tents and the like...:tongue2: Will Duff regain 4 pounds by tomorrow morning? :tongue2:

Okay, maybe this will be an equalizer. Superbob just had a 90 minute Tao massage from a gal who is a martial arts expert and Air Force brat, and who keeps saying things like "I need to crush you!" as she's massaging you (or at least me; she kept everything light except the massage, which was deep tissue). She was funny but super-efficient -- and SB may have lost 10 pounds as a result. We will see what the morning weigh-in brings.:thumbup:

As for not doing a race just yet (unless the consensus is to have one), here's an alternative idea: How about we each declare weight goals for the end of 2012, and record progress to those. If anyone feels the itch to do a race in the interim, no problem for the caped superhero. :thumbup:

RTSPD Chimp Stats

RTSPD Chimp Stats

Ok heres the rub ... I’m down 1/2 chimp pound for the race ....

1 Human pound = 20 Chimp pounds therefore TheChimp’s loss for the race is 10 human pounds which clearly makes me the winner of the RTSPD!!!!!

Thanks you, Thank you, please hold the applause ......

Sorry Duffster:tongue2::tongue2:

Okay Superbob is down .2 pounds for the week, 4.8 for the race, if these goofy digital scales can be believed. Of course one steel-weight pound is equal to 50 human pounds, so SB actually lost nearly 250 pounds. :p

So The Chimp wins the chimp-pounds race.

Superbob wins the superhero race.

Duffey wins the race for human beings.

:thumbup:

Congratulations Duffster.

Okay Superbob is down .2 pounds for the week, 4.8 for the race, if these goofy digital scales can be believed. Of course one steel-weight pound is equal to 50 human pounds, so SB actually lost nearly 250 pounds. :p

So The Chimp wins the chimp-pounds race.

Superbob wins the superhero race.

Duffey wins the race for human beings.

:thumbup:

Congratulations Duffster.

A happy ending all around . . . . doesn't get much better than this!:smile2:

I like Superbob's suggestion of setting our own personal goals, but I'm afraid the end of the year isn't enough motivation for me. I'm looking at a short-term goal . . . . the start of summer, shorts and swimsuits!:cool2:

Superbob's goal is to see readings in the mid-250s by the end of 2012, and on these stupid digital scales which read about the same as the stupid doctor's scales -- or I should say the stupid scales in the doctor's office (the doctor is not stupid). :D

I know to most of you that still sounds like a hefty number but it is a lot better than 280, which SB was pushing some years ago.

When this goal is reached, SB can start thinking about the 240s. :thumb up:

Some folks are nice enough to say SB does not look like he weighs as much as he does, but the problem area is the lower abs, which have gotten too flabby. Following OHS, Superbob was leery of exercises like sit-ups. Maybe someone has a suggestion for how someone into the 8th decade of life can improve in this area.

This morning the scale read 137.7 I'm sure that's an aberation from the digital scale, 'cause the day before read 139.8. Either that or the stress yesterday burnt up a bunch of calories.
Start was 139.0 so that means I'm down 2.3 for the race. Yeah, I don't believe it.

I like Duffy's short term goals:

My goal for Memorial day will be 135.0
My goal for July 4 (before the 2 week vacation food fest) will be 134.0

Sorry for flopping at the end of this race. Honestly, I don't know what I weigh right now. We had been allowing ourselves one splurge a week, but the last one didn't end. We have been invited out to eat too much, including later today. To say I'm not disgusted with my lack of restraint would be a lie. Cindy has had a temporary work assignment, half days. I think that has through her off mentally, so we have not been encouraging to each other; aiding and abetting is more like it.

Cooker, sounds like you're starting to pull it back together. Keep it up!:thumbup:

Superbob, swimming will strengthen those abs. If that doesn't do it, take a belly dancing class!:tongue2:

Laurie, you might question how you lost the pounds, but whatever it was, it was good!:thumbup:

Wise, sorry to read that you and Cindy are having trouble getting motivated. Wouldn't it be wonderful if motivation came as a pill you could take? I imagine we'd all be in danger of overdosing!:cool2:

My goal is to lose 7 pounds, putting me at 145 pounds by May 31, my birthday.

Poking my nose in where it doesn't belong.....but.....the girls seem to be on target with setting short term goals which are more beneficial and mood boosting at the same time. GO girls, GO !! ;)

Fried baloney was one of my childhood favorites!:smile2:

Bluebell? Ring a bell?:tongue2::tongue2:

Bluebell? Sure! And fried bologna and tomato sandwiches -- a real delicacy. :thumbup:

Almost as good as the peanut butter, diced onion, and ketchup (all stirred up and toasted on bread) my mommy and I used to make. :

Well since it's the end of the race I'm reporting a gain of .6. Yes i have one of those digital scales as well.
Mary when you find those pills for Wise and Cindy I'll take a few as well.

Good job everyone.

If my math is correct I’m starting my personal race to Alaska at 226 pounds:eek2: ... I have had no sugary snacks or food four days in a row, cut back on portions and am down 3 pounds ... I know this rate of loss will not last but with diabetes a threat I have no choice but to make these changes ... everything I read states the exercise and proper weight are crucial in the fight ... also it seems that belly fat is the worst kind of fat and that’s all I have ... I have skinny legs, arms and no ass, I just look like I swallowed a basketball which goes along with March Madness ...:tongue2:

Everyone seems to be in good spirits and the goals that I have read seem to be right in line for success ... just want to say that I can’t stand digital scales ... years ago we bought the old style upright doctor scales and they are not near as frustrating to me ... the digital ones seem to have a mind of their own, kind a like TheChimp .... Downward!!!!!!!:thumbup:

it was good talking with some of you last Wednesday. Ok Last Monday when I weighed myself I weighed, yesterday on Saturday I weighed 188. So I am hoping this is the beginning of a downward trend. I have pretty much gone fat free on all dairy, very low cal meals. I would like to get down to around 145 to 150 where I was when the thyroid quit working, and then I quit smoking. Just not sure I can actually shed the 40 ponunds, but would settle for 160 to 165 first. Sooooooo here we go, I am going to get serious about taking off the weight!!!!

it was good talking with some of you last Wednesday. Ok Last Monday when I weighed myself I weighed, yesterday on Saturday I weighed 188. So I am hoping this is the beginning of a downward trend. I have pretty much gone fat free on all dairy, very low cal meals. I would like to get down to around 145 to 150 where I was when the thyroid quit working, and then I quit smoking. Just not sure I can actually shed the 40 ponunds, but would settle for 160 to 165 first. Sooooooo here we go, I am going to get serious about taking off the weight!!!!

Glad you joined us! I think it’s best to set small goals, reach them and then set another ... whichever way you go stick around the Throwdown and enjoy the fun and support:thumbup:

Good Monday morning! How was everyone’s weekend? I hope it was a great as mine!! My weight continues to come down slowly and I got back with my walking today. I have been on track and have had no sugary snack or sodas for five days.

I go in Thursday to get my blood sugar checked. Wish me well, I really don’t want to deal with diabetes. My father developed late life diabetes that was well controlled so it may be genetic and therefore inevitable. It will be what it will be. Have a great week!!! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back