Cooker's throwdown friday iii . . . 12-9-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker's throwdown friday iii . . . 12-9-11

• Total voters

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Supporting Member
Apparently our fearless leader has a) gone fishing b) gone cruising or c) gone off his diet. Odds are, the correct answer is all three. :tongue2:
Seriously, I did receive communication from Chimpie that he is unable to start the thread today, but he will be here shortly to marvel at Superbob's rooster tales (rooster comb for the purists) and confess his simian indiscretions in the food department.:wink2:
He also gave me leeway to start the thread in any manner I desired, hahahahahaha, so I shall.:biggrin2:
Poll options at the end.

I haven't weighed this morning, but it's not been a good week. We had three days of nonstop rain, so I didn't walk. I've also watched our grandson the past three days since his mom is out of town on business, and in an effort to be an outstanding grandma, I've started each morning with a trip to Panerra bread for their breakfast pastries. Charlie would prefer McDonald's egg mcmuffin, but I have to draw the line somewhere.:biggrin2:

Love the poll! It's very "Ref"-like. ;) Makes me want to tear off my cape and clothes and go weigh right away, which I shall do when I finish my cup of coffee. :cool2:

Now, I will believe The Chimp will be back when I see him. He is AWOL. And he has been sneaking around South Carolina swiping the bananas out of the banana pudding. I have evidence. Not pix yet, but evidence. :p Beware Chimp: With my rooster-booster knees, I can run you down and thrash you with my walking stick. :tongue2:

Now Grandma, have you compared with calories and general nutritional value of an Egg McMuffin versus Panera pastries? The egg sandwich has...protein, very important for starting the day. The pastries have...well, what pastries have, all sugary carbs. Don't just assume everything at the Golden Arches is bad. Okay, here endeth Superbob's lecture for now. Sipping coffee...weighing soon....

Returning with an edit post: Love the imprecision of the poll. Isn't the goal just to generally maintain though the heavy-feasting holidays? Superbob fesses to gaining 1 pound, but thinks it could be the rooster comb in his knees. lol

Last edited:
Yep, I agree whole heartedly with the McDonald's-Panerra Bread nutritional value comparison, but Charlie doesn't know different! Cheese Danish it is!:tongue2::wink2:

ps We're anxiously awaiting the results of your nekkid weigh in.:wink2::thumbup:

Yep, I agree whole heartedly with the McDonald's-Panerra Bread nutritional value comparison, but Charlie doesn't know different! Cheese Danish it is!:tongue2::wink2:

ps We're anxiously awaiting the results of your nekkid weigh in.:wink2::thumbup:

Up one pound! Maybe I should install a webcam in my weigh-in room? LOL

Very sorry about the Cards' loss of Albert. You know I'm hurting, too, but trying to compensate by looking ahead and thinking of all the young talent the Redbirds still have.

I want an Egg McMuffin and a Panera sweet to boot. My poll answers would reflect this desire.

All Cardinals fans should send Albert Pujols parting gifts such as cakes, cookies, pies, egg nog, and other high calorie deliciousness. His nickname during his 10 years with the Angels will then be Fat Albert.

Sounds like you're doing great on the new WW, Laurie -- congrats!

And Wise that is a super idea! I think we should send Pujols all of our holiday goodies since he obviously can't afford them on a puny $25 million a year for next 10 years. Yes, yes -- let's turn him into Fat Albert! I am envisioning that he will be on 0 (zero) World Series teams in Anaheim. Team trumps one superstar. The Cardinals have spirit and team chemistry. :thumbup: Anaheim is la-la land. :thumbd:

Hi Everyone including the chimp wherever he is..

Last week 195
This week 195
Throwdown start 196

Yup, I seem to like this weight level. No more bike riding for now, snow is starting to fall but ya never know.

Saw my rheumatologist last week, she said my joints are fine, swelling down and disease progression is halted for now. However....the pain that I experience she feels is neurological, bad channeling or a blocked nerve ends. So...another "ologist" added to the pack of doctors I have. Being refered to a Neurologist-hopefully cute and female to get to the bottom of it. Probably a 6 mth wait to see one. I am lucky for a Canadian, there are several million citizens that do not have a doctor at all, I'm now up to six.

Bob

Laurie, good going with the revised WW plan! I bet the scales reflect it too.:smile2:

Superbob, I bet your one pound gain is the result of a one pound lump in the throat after hearing Albert's decision to leave the Redbirds.:mad2: It sure made for a funky day around our house.:frown2:

Wise's idea of sending goodies to Albert rocks! Cardinal fans can indulge in a little passive/aggressive behavior and lose weight at the same time. :thumbup:Better put a patent on it!:tongue2:

Sounds like you're doing well, Bob.Good goin'. Sorry the snows will cut down on your bike-riding, but bet it's pretty to see and enjoy with a cup of a favorite beverage.

Yep we could compare entourages of "ologists" or orthos or cardios or whatever. I had a first visit with an orthopedist this week and will be going back next four Mondayd for additional knee injections. And Monday I have a follow-up visit with a hematologist for what I hope will be a final round of bloodwork by his cancer sleuths. I hope he will continue to find nothing (sort of like when a doc a decade ago took an MRI of my brain and found nothing -- no surprise there! :tongue2:) My primary doc was worried about slowly declining hemoglobin. My theory remains that it is a side-effect of one of my medicines -- the last thing the docs want to consider, apparently.

Anyway didn't mean to digress so much. Just sayin' I feel your pain with all the docs -- it does ease the pain, though, when any of them (or more often their nurses) happens to be "female and cute"... ;);)

Hang in there, guy.

Laurie, good going with the revised WW plan! I bet the scales reflect it too.:smile2:

Superbob, I bet your one pound gain is the result of a one pound lump in the throat after hearing Albert's decision to leave the Redbirds.:mad2: It sure made for a funky day around our house.:frown2:

Wise's idea of sending goodies to Albert rocks! Cardinal fans can indulge in a little passive/aggressive behavior and lose weight at the same time. :thumbup:Better put a patent on it!:tongue2:

Oh Duffey, I have made philosophical and sometimes snarky comments about Albert's leaving the Cardinals, but I confess I am still broken up about it. I know it must be even worse for those of you who live near the greatest baseball franchise of all (the St. Louis Cardinals of course!). I still almost feel like crying, and I hope I don't start binge eating. I guess at least pretending to send it to "Phat Albert" would be a way to compensate. My son was GM of the Potomac Class A team when it was still in the Cardinals system and met young Albert in Nothern Virginia and took him under his wing when he reported there as a shy hopeful, a mere minor leaguer. I have followed him literally every game since then, 11 years. I suppose it was hard to turn down an extra $50 million or so that the Angels offered in that stupendous (some might say insane) 10-year no-trade contract, but I was hoping that deep ties to a community would be the deciding factor, along with a chance to be a Cardinal icon in the class of Stan the Man Musial. I can't help but feel a little betrayed even if that's not fair of me. Life moves on. Sorry, but I can't root for him anymore.

There...I've vented. Now maybe I will won't dig into any scones today. :biggrin2:

WOOP WOOP I managed to maintain. Not easy I had crispy duck, corn grits, potatos, red beans. This has been a rough week to even maintain. Oh and no biking or walking.
Congrats to all of you. Bet Chimp is not dieting whereever he is. Oh diet isn't a nice word anymore. I think it's changing your eating habits.:rolleyes:

Oh Duffey, I have made philosophical and sometimes snarky comments about Albert's leaving the Cardinals, but I confess I am still broken up about it. I know it must be even worse for those of you who live near the greatest baseball franchise of all (the St. Louis Cardinals of course!). I still almost feel like crying, and I hope I don't start binge eating. I guess at least pretending to send it to "Phat Albert" would be a way to compensate. My son was GM of the Potomac Class A team when it was still in the Cardinals system and met young Albert in Nothern Virginia and took him under his wing when he reported there as a shy hopeful, a mere minor leaguer. I have followed him literally every game since then, 11 years. I suppose it was hard to turn down an extra $50 million or so that the Angels offered in that stupendous (some might say insane) 10-year no-trade contract, but I was hoping that deep ties to a community would be the deciding factor, along with a chance to be a Cardinal icon in the class of Stan the Man Musial. I can't help but feel a little betrayed even if that's not fair of me. Life moves on. Sorry, but I can't root for him anymore.

There...I've vented. Now maybe I will won't dig into any scones today. :biggrin2:

I know. I shake my head trying to figure out why I feel this much emotion. It feels like an unnecessary betrayal.
Life goes on, but we've lost our happy ending.

WOOP WOOP I managed to maintain. Not easy I had crispy duck, corn grits, potatos, red beans. This has been a rough week to even maintain. Oh and no biking or walking.
Congrats to all of you. Bet Chimp is not dieting whereever he is. Oh diet isn't a nice word anymore. I think it's changing your eating habits.:rolleyes:

Way to go Earline! I'm guessing that the Chimp has temporarily changed his eating habits, and it's not a weight loss friendly change!:tongue2:

TheChimp has limped home and is in a state of recuperation ... St Maarten, St Thomas and Eleuthera Island was "almost" more than than he could manage ... He will report in person as soon as he has a long winters nap ... he sends his love:cool2:

Looking forward to hearing about the Chimp's shenanigans. ;)

Sorry to disappoint but TheChimp has no shenanigans to report .... He ate his way through each day and is suffering the consequence .... the scales will be replaced Monday with ones that are true and precise:rolleyes2:

Latest posts

Back