Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 12-16-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings!! Let's get this over with; I'm up 6.5 pounds from two weeks ago but I'm pleased that it's not more and that I'm only 3.5 pounds up from my "Holiday Maintenance Start Weight". I'm down since returning from the cruise and see no need to post my "just off the boat weight" as I can't bring myself to type those numbers:eek2:

Anyway I'm trying to wrap my mind around losing all this added weight ... pants tight, feet hurt, tired etc ... No one to blame but me and maybe Dixie Crystal Sugar Co.:tongue2:

I hope all have done well on their quest ... it seems we all have things that interfere with our weight loss (medical, stress, stress, stress, add infinitum) ... I fear you may need another fearless leader as it seems that the only habit I don't have is self control:tongue2:

Holiday Maintenance Start Weight: 222.0
Last Week: 219.0
This Week: 225.5:eek2:

Quit beating yourself up, Chimpster -- a mere 3.5 pounds above maintenance weight after being on an eat-a-thon of a cruise? -- you're right in the zone. You are showing us all leadership with your determination.

As for Superbob, he will weigh tomorrow.

No Sir, you're not escaping from under the Throwdown leader yoke! :mad2:
No mutiny aboard our ship's cruise of life!:mad2:

3.5 pounds is not bad at all considering the temptations you faced. :smile2: I'm confident that the recent weight increase will make you uncomfortable enough that you will regain your self control. Don't waste time contemplating the added weight; take it one meal at a time, one day at a time.:thumbup:

I'm down from last week but the loss puts me back to where I started. I'm not going to fuss about it. I did manage to walk four days this past week so that's a positive. Looks like I'll be trudging through full blown winter weather by the time I reach Wise and Cindy's place, but hey, I bet they'll have a cup of coffee waiting to revive me.:smile2:

Y'all need to move Thanksgiving backwards to the month of October with us Canadians....it will make it that much
easier to deal with Christmas after a 2 month recovery.
Remember for next year: Thanksgiving will be in October ;)

We are not interested in getting a new leader. 3.5 lbs to get off will be done sooner or later. I should know I'm the queen of Yo Yo dieting.
I am still maintaining but barely. Today I had a six month check up with my cardio all good. Down a few (very few) lbs from 6 mts ago, blood work good and my valves are stable (no change) all good news.
Have a great day!!!!

I'm up 0.6 from last week to 138.1, after the dog training group's Monday night holiday party/gift exchange eat-a-thon, plus all the goodies at the office. Must regain control, stick to fruit and nuts, stay away from the salty chex mix! This week and next will be difficult with all the goodies coming in.

Boy, did Jet get a haul of stuffed fuzzy squeaky toys at our party! She'll be in heaven come Christmas morning.

Hi Everyone!

Last week 195
This week 196
Throwdown start 196

I'm not worried about the slight gain, maybe just water as I can see where my socks were. On my feet all day too.
For being good for three weeks I think I shall reward myself with pizza, havn't had that since October. Although I did have 15 potato chips today, office party, first chips since July I think...Am I a bugger or what?

Bob

There!!! Scarfed that pizza down in 8 minutes. I still have it in me, I supose you never loose your eating ability. I chose Maria's, a local institution for the last 30 years or so. One location, take out or delivery only, an old family Italian recipe that the chain franchizes cannot beat!

Bob

Where oh where has the Chimpster gone,

Where oh where can he be?

Gone to the bakery and soda shop,

Oh yes it's so easy to see!

As for Superbob, he went to a lavish party at a gen-u-wine Southern plantation near Georgetown on Sunday, but he is recovering now. Superdawg is demanding spry walks, and SB is planning to work out in the pool today, too.

I have been doing pretty well . . . . I thought. Yesterday's scale display showed a pound and a half gain, and I honestly don't understand why. The worrisome part is I haven't started baking, trying to hold the inevitable goodie eating at bay a while longer.

Our grandson Charlie, born with the same bicuspid aortic valve that I share with one son, saw the pediatric cardiologist today and had an echo run. I was expecting a clean bill of health, maybe I should stop anticipating, but the echo shows his aorta is enlarging.:thumbd:

Duff, I will pray for little Charlie and hope it's a glitch as SB mentioned. Grandmamas and Grandpapas don't like anything messing with their grand little ones, so hugs being sent to you.

Duff, I will pray for little Charlie and hope it's a glitch as SB mentioned. Grandmamas and Grandpapas don't like anything messing with their grand little ones, so hugs being sent to you.

Thanks for the prayers.
Unfortunately, it's not a glitch. Charlie's aorta was a little enlarged when they ran the first echo at one year. The hope was there would be no change, but unfortunately there has been. They will use the first measurement to compare with the latest echo to establish a rate of growth. Our daughter was told that compared to the rate for stenosis or regurgitation with the valve, enlargement of the aorta was typically much slower. They're going to keep an eye on it, check the rate of enlargement, then determine if restrictions need to be put on his activity as he reaches the various age milestones.
But just like my own aortic stenosis, it's a condition that will need correction at some future date.
On a positive note, our son who also has a bav, had an echo a few months back and there has been no change with the valve:smile2:
On the negative, three generations facing the problems inherent with BAVD STINK!:thumbd:

Latest posts

Back