Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 11-18-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ... TheChimp is down 5.5 pounds from last weeks dismal final Sprint weigh-in:thumbup: ... I have been true to my plan ... the only carbs I have consumed have been through salad greens and low or good carb veggies (broccoli, squash etc.) ... I get my INR checked this morning but I expect no downward drop ...

How was your week? .... I'm with SuperBob as far as sprinting ... I'm just going to try and be sensible through the holiday season ... maybe we can start a sprint to Valentines day on 1-1-12 ... you know the deal, it's your throwdown and you decide what it will be...

GO CORT:thumbup:

Last week: 222.0
This Week: 216.5

Go Cort, Go Cooker!:thumbup:

You've done the Throwdown proud this week, Chimp.:smile2:
No sprinting in my future. I intend to plug along with the "plan" and see where I am when the new year dawns.
I'm walking in the evenings with DH. The distance isn't that much, but we're averaging an hour duration. We might take tonight off due to a low key anniversary celebration (38 years), but then again, we may not!:wink2:
Last week: 159
This week: 157

stressed out at work. Busy season with year end tax planning. working late, no time for noon walks.
If I didn't get up at 5 am to get on the elliptical I'd get no exercise at all. Poor Jet has to rely on her dad for walkies and play time.

Oh, and the clients have started bringing cakes and other fattening things to the office. There are 7 of us here, not 57! It's nice that they think so much of us but please think SMALL treats, not service for 20. Yesterday the scale said 138. official WI is tomorrow.

Way to go Duffey!!! Hang in there Laurie, be strong!!! Tis the season for office treats!!! The clients and vendors love to show their appreciation by adding to our waistline:eek2::tongue2:

Looks like a whole lotta losin' going on (Cooker and Duffster)...should there be a penalty for losing in the Race to Maintain? :p (jk) Good goin'!

Superbob hasn't has much of an appetite this week so maybe he will at least maintain when he WIs manana.

Well, it was awfully cold this morning to get nekkid and weigh in, but Superbob did it for the good ol' TD, and guess what? He is down 2 pounds (from 260 to 258). If Superbob winds up getting a replacement knee or knees in the near future, he plans to bring that on down below 250 and even 240 because he will not only give Superdawg proper walks as far as she wants but will be able to hit the treadmill without pain.:cool:

Meanwhile, there's Thanksigiving, and SB is taking Mrs. SB to the biggest, grandest Thanksgiving buffet in coastal Carolina, with not only turkey and the fixins' but standing rib roast, ham, quail etc and more desserts than even The Chimp can imagine! :smile2:

Note: SB weighed 269 when he finished cardiac rehab 7 years ago. Were it not for the Throwdown, he'd probably weigh over 300 now. So slow and steady, he has made progress. More to come, keep movin' ! : )

Last edited:
Looks like everyone is doing really well. Good Job losers.
Happy Anniversary Mary.
I'm down another 2 lbs. Had my blood work done last week and it was the best I've had in a very long time. It's going to be really tough going through the holidays without a gain but I know everyone will do their best.
Going to Nashville to see kids and grandkids for Thanksgiving
Earline/Marie

Ok, official WI today is 138.5. Must stay away from Halloween candy and office treats.

But on the good side, I've got agility trials the next 3 weekends - lots of walking/running and limited access to food, since I won't eat what the catering service brings, in an effort to contain the salt intake. Fruit, vegs, a little cheese and low salt pb on low salt crackers.
Thank goodness I can do most of my Xmas shopping on line!

Hi Everyone!

Cooker the loss probably looks good on you and by the sounds of things we are all off to a good start!

Last week 195lb, This week 194.5lbs. I like this maintain challenge!

Bob

Congrats to all of you losing weight this week!

As for us, we are MIA and our weight is unknown ; )

Do we need to send a search party out or are you enjoying your MIA status, Wise?:wink2:

I got a three mile walk in last night. I'm a little stiff and sore, but I think it's due to small pockets of arthritis. My right ankle has been broken twice, and it's sending out signals that it's not happy with the new workout. :tongue2:

Do we need to send a search party out or are you enjoying your MIA status, Wise?:wink2:

I got a three mile walk in last night. I'm a little stiff and sore, but I think it's due to small pockets of arthritis. My right ankle has been broken twice, and it's sending out signals that it's not happy with the new workout. :tongue2:

We have temporarily gotten off plan, but sadly it hasn't all been enjoyable. We've snacked too much while playing cards or watching ball games. I know what to do, it's just a matter of doing it. If I don't repent soon, you may have to send out a search team being that I may have gotten so big I can't get out of the kitchen. ; )

Bridgid joined Bob and I for last night's walk, along with Haley, and today Charlie also accompanied us (pushed in a stroller). Two miles last night and two and a half today. I haven't weighed, probably no sense in that until after Thanksgiving, but I do feel pretty good.

Wise, hang in there! You will get back on track and if needed I will drive up with my chain saw and cut you out of the kitchen!!

Duffey, keep walking, in fact, do a Forest Gump and just walk on over to SC by way of KY. By the time you get here you goal weight will be met and we will fly you back to Bob!!

As for me, I'm on plan but not exercising. I'm down a measly pound so far this week ... I need patience:angel:

Wise, hang in there! You will get back on track and if needed I will drive up with my chain saw and cut you out of the kitchen!!

Duffey, keep walking, in fact, do a Forest Gump and just walk on over to SC by way of KY. By the time you get here you goal weight will be met and we will fly you back to Bob!!

As for me, I'm on plan but not exercising. I'm down a measly pound so far this week ... I need patience:angel:

I think I will accept your challenge, Chimp.:thumbup: I have a route picked out that will take me to Louisville, then south to Columbia. If I feel real ambitious, maybe I'll walk to Myrtle Beach too!:tongue2:
Six hundred and ten miles is the distance. Cooker, if you would start walking, Wise too, then we could meet somewhere north of the Ohio River. I'm going to track my mileage and move my starting point every 25 mile increments as I knock them off. I've got 15 miles in so far.:smile2:

Here's the link: http://bit.ly/uICN8F

I think I will accept your challenge, Chimp.:thumbup: I have a route picked out that will take me to Louisville, then south to Columbia. If I feel real ambitious, maybe I'll walk to Myrtle Beach too!:tongue2:
Six hundred and ten miles is the distance. Cooker, if you would start walking, Wise too, then we could meet somewhere north of the Ohio River. I'm going to track my mileage and move my starting point every 25 mile increments as I knock them off. I've got 15 miles in so far.:smile2:

There are LOTS of good pancake houses in MB if you make it to the coast! ;):thumbup:

I'm all primed to get back on plan. I've had a period of time where I've experimented with reintroducing foods that my doctor took me off of. Experiment hasn't gone well though. Feel like a slug again and it didn't help the weight issue either. SCREAM. Okay, now I can go forward from here.

Hey, Duff, I think you're on to something. This would be a great way to maintain through the Hoggydays (AKA Holidays). I need to re-read your route and start walking!

Latest posts

Back