Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 11-18-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jet and I had a fabulous weekend. 0 for 6, but still fabulous runs. She was really working for me.
I got to run a friend's dog, too, a truly push button Golden, and I managed to mess him up in both of his runs. Dumb mistakes on my part. But we had a ball and I lost a pound over the weekend, even going out for Mexican food Saturday night.

Now we'll go do it again for 3 days this weekend, and work off the pumpkin pie.

Jet and I had a fabulous weekend. 0 for 6, but still fabulous runs. She was really working for me.
I got to run a friend's dog, too, a truly push button Golden, and I managed to mess him up in both of his runs. Dumb mistakes on my part. But we had a ball and I lost a pound over the weekend, even going out for Mexican food Saturday night.

Now we'll go do it again for 3 days this weekend, and work off the pumpkin pie.

Great! Having a ball and losing weight is where it's at!

Will be taking Mrs. Superbob out for a Thanksgiving buffet, but she just can't put aside the cooking. As a Thanksgiving, stomach-stretching warm-up, tonight she fixed pork tenderloin (with gravy! :eek2:), mashed taters, collard greens cooked in a big ol' pot with lots of bacon, and cornbread for sopping everything up. :D

Oh the joys of being married to a Carolina girl who cooks Carolina style, but Superbob doesn't know that he'll weigh in this week. :eek2::tongue2:;)

Oh yes and because Superbob cannot tell only part of the story ---- sweet potato pie for dessert! Long live the South! : )

Last edited:
Glad to read that you had a great week-end, Laurie, and hope this coming one is just as good.

Wise, I think of Gatlinburg when pancake house and walk are mentioned in the same sentence. :wink2:I'm glad you're going to join in on the walking endeavor. I saw a lady explain on a tv show that her secret to losing 150 pounds was walking 4 miles, and consuming 1400 calories a day. I think that is a realistic goal for me. Right now 1400 calories is easier to achieve than the 4 miles, but I'll work up to it.

Superbob, I guess there's nothing for you to do but to sit back and enjoy your honey's southern cooking. You're lucky to be married to a woman who knows her way around a pot of collard greens! :smile2:

I got my walk in tonight. Missed it last night due to rain. Hopefully I'll be across the Mississippi River by the start of next week.:thumbup:

Latest posts

Back