Cooker's Throwdown Friday III 10-21-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Thowdowners!!! TheChimp is reporting in with a net 1.5 pound loss for the week, actually I'm down five pounds from the carnage of mountain cruising and Fair food but I'm am so headed in the right direction:thumbup: ... High fiber and exercise has been the key for this week success but the main thing is that I have had NO sugar treats (ice cream, milkshakes, candy bars etc.) ... If you really understood what a sugar addict I am you would know that this is a huge victory.... Everyday that I'm down a bit keeps me wanting to stick with it ... I can't win this thing but maybe, just maybe, I can finish with a net loss for the Sprint To 11-11-11...

I hope all have had a good week!! You folks are the best ... proud to know you:thumbup:

Oh, almost forgot: GO REDBIRDS!!!!

Sprint To 11-11-11 Starting Weight: 207.5
Last week: 216.5
This Week: 215.0
Race Stats: +7.5

First things first:

GO REDBIRDS!!!

Way to go, Mr. Chimp -- back on the straight and narrow, and I'll try not to litter your path with Krispy Kremes. :eek:

Superbob will strive to weigh in the morning.

I'm at 188 this morning. That's up 3.6 for the race. Not good news, but not a surprise since I bought a big bag of assorted Hershey's chocolate miniature candies/kisses. I think I kissed to many chocolates, that is, of course, just before I annihilated them. O wretched man that I am.

I'm at 188 this morning. That's up 3.6 for the race. Not good news, but not a surprise since I bought a big bag of assorted Hershey's chocolate miniature candies/kisses. I think I kissed to many chocolates, that is, of course, just before I annihilated them. O wretched man that I am.

That's not bad ... Hershey's Rules:thumbup: .... Now for the pep talk to all who are struggling in The Sprint To 11-11-11 ... Counting today we have 22 days or three weeks and a day!!! ... I for one am taking the true meaning of the word "Sprint" to heart!!!! I was down two more pounds this morning and have walked five days in a row ... TheChimp ain't throwing in no towel!!!! ... Rally troops and lets give Canoe Bob a run for his money!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I will start my rally tomorrow. Today I'm taking a mulligan! I was waylaid by the Amish baked goods table at our Farmer's Market yesterday.:eek2:

Off to grab Charlie. He's sick so I'm watching him. That should burn up some calories!:smile2:

Aahh.. A bowl of double chocolate ice cream stared me down and won. I bought it last weekend, my favorite kind on sale even, just found its way into the cart. It lasted intact in the freezer til tuesday when I swear I could hear it softly beconing my name. Wednesday night I was at home church with a huge plate of home baked cookies on the table in arms reach. Before I knew it I ate half the plate.

Weigh in this morning - back to 200 lb a 4lb GAIN from last week!!!!!!

With 22 days remaining, I think the throwdown sprint is for anyones taking!

Tonite was a hand sized portion of salmon filet with a salad. Bike ride tomorrow nomatter what the weather. Pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on track...most of the icecream is still there though,,,softly, gently calling my name. Say a prayer for me!!!

Bob

Aahh.. A bowl of double chocolate ice cream stared me down and won. I bought it last weekend, my favorite kind on sale even, just found its way into the cart. It lasted intact in the freezer til tuesday when I swear I could hear it softly beconing my name. Wednesday night I was at home church with a huge plate of home baked cookies on the table in arms reach. Before I knew it I ate half the plate.

Weigh in this morning - back to 200 lb a 4lb GAIN from last week!!!!!!

With 22 days remaining, I think the throwdown sprint is for anyones taking!

Tonite was a hand sized portion of salmon filet with a salad. Bike ride tomorrow nomatter what the weather. Pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on track...most of the icecream is still there though,,,softly, gently calling my name. Say a prayer for me!!!

Bob

Ice cream is always worth a little gain! Sounds good!

TheChimp has had a good week, indulged in a few treats Friday and Saturday and now back with the plan:thumbup: ... I really think if I tow the line 5 days and take a few liberties the other 2 I should continue to lose ... I just can't live with total denial of culinary pleasures:biggrin2:

TheChimp has had a good week, indulged in a few treats Friday and Saturday and now back with the plan:thumbup: ... I really think if I tow the line 5 days and take a few liberties the other 2 I should continue to lose ... I just can't live with total denial of culinary pleasures:biggrin2:

No one can - as evidenced by even CanoeBob - who ate cookies and has ice cream talking to him from his freezer. The more you deny yourself totally the more you hear voices :biggrin2: So if you just can't stand it anymore - have what you want - but in moderate portions and put that craving to bed. Easier said than done!! :tongue2:Ice cream is definitely one of my weaknesses and it just doesn't seem right if I don't eat the whole pint - which I think is about 4 servings for a normal non piggy person.

Anyway good job Mr. Chimp for losing and getting back on track.

My new scales are too damn accurate. I didn't post on Friday, cause I took a mulligan - it wasn't pretty. I did weigh on Sat. and I'll take that weight for this week - eventhough I think I've gained beyond that since. Didn't weight this morning cause it was Monday.

So I'm posting a .5 lb loss for the week - I know basically the same, but I'll take every little 10th of a pound I can. My new WW scales weigh in .10 increments.

Starting weight for Race to 11/11/11: 210.2
Sat. weight: 208.1
Loss for race: 2.1

I know CB and his bike riding will take those 4 lbs right off again - so we gotta work harder!!! Or at least I have to work harder!!! I don't feel like I've been that bad - but then again...... :rolleyes2:

How bout that game last night! If nothing else, it is making for an interesting series!
Go Rangers!!!!!!

Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever CleverClever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever CleverClever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever Clever :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
Giggle Giggle Giggle:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Staying the same is good work, Nelson!

As for the rest of you, Superbob goes away for a few days to take DW to eye surgery in NC (with a surgeon reputed to be among the best -- that's why we journeyed there), and he finds an uncontrolled outburst of silliness here in the TD! Restrain those giggles, guys, the Man of Steel is back. ;) DW did fine with her surgery. And the surgeon is gorgeous -- looks a bit like Julia Roberts, only several times prettier. SB is thinking about moving up his eye surgery ahead of knee and back surgery. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okay, the Redbirds still have a shot now that the Series is back in Saint Louie, despite their epic Game Five screw-ups. Whichever way it goes, this has been a real good series. The Rangers are a powerhouse, and they have a farm team right here in MB, and when they played a spring game here this year, all the stars were super nice to my autograph-seeking 7-year-old granddaughter. So IF my Redbirds lose to the Rangers, it sure won't be as though they lost to the Yankees! :p

Latest posts

Back