Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 1-6-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching Rachel Ray today, her and her guest start talking about bitter chocolate. It was like I was possessed, got out of my chair and headed for the Hershey Dark chocolate I had stashed......I better run the stairs later .

Forgive me Throwdowners for I have sinned - sooooo bad.:frown2::eek::eek: I have been afraid to even get on the scales. I hope I can come back into the fold. See BradVo they really are nice people - they let you come in and out. Welcome to the Throwdown! I'm just glad to see ya'lll are all still here and still trying. I started my 'seriously getting healthy again effort' today. I'm in for St. Patty's Day race. I'll weigh in on Friday if that is OK and let that be my starting weight.

Missed y'all - but I was too embarrassed to say what I have been up to. I just let myself go. EATING and NOT EXERCISING... My pants are bursting at the seams. As Cooker said - I can't believe I let myself do this again. Most of the time it is just me sabotaging myself. It isn't going to be pretty even on Friday, but I don't want to get on the scales until then. Yes - I'm chicken. I definitely weigh nekked and as empty as I can be. Also before wet head from shower... God knows how much weight that might add!:rolleyes2:

Forgive me Throwdowners for I have sinned - sooooo bad.:frown2::eek::eek: I have been afraid to even get on the scales. I hope I can come back into the fold. See BradVo they really are nice people - they let you come in and out. Welcome to the Throwdown! I'm just glad to see ya'lll are all still here and still trying. I started my 'seriously getting healthy again effort' today. I'm in for St. Patty's Day race. I'll weigh in on Friday if that is OK and let that be my starting weight.

Missed y'all - but I was too embarrassed to say what I have been up to. I just let myself go. EATING and NOT EXERCISING... My pants are bursting at the seams. As Cooker said - I can't believe I let myself do this again. Most of the time it is just me sabotaging myself. It isn't going to be pretty even on Friday, but I don't want to get on the scales until then. Yes - I'm chicken. I definitely weigh nekked and as empty as I can be. Also before wet head from shower... God knows how much weight that might add!:rolleyes2:

Big hugs and welcome back!!!! I'm glad you are back and never be ashamed ... just get back on track and join in the fun ... :biggrin2:

Yeah Rhena! Great to see you! Don't care how bad you've been. I haven't been exactly good myself. I bought some Hershey's chocolate bars on sale and I ate them like they potato chips. Oh and I had potato chips too. Not excited about weighing this week either. Oh well. Welcome back!

Great to see you back, Rhena! Had thought about asking where's Rhena a number of times, but then had in mind you were on a cruise. Anyway, welcome back, and don't worry about straying from Throwdown nutritional correctness. There is, of course, only one model of perfection here -- the Man O' Steel himself. :p hahahahahahahah. Superbob does expect to win this RTSPD and a crate of cranberry-orange scones should be his reward! :thumbup:

Great to see you back, Rhena! Had thought about asking where's Rhena a number of times, but then had in mind you were on a cruise. Anyway, welcome back, and don't worry about straying from Throwdown nutritional correctness. There is, of course, only one model of perfection here -- the Man O' Steel himself. :p hahahahahahahah. Superbob does expect to win this RTSPD and a crate of cranberry-orange scones should be his reward! :thumbup:

No way we're going to let you win the battle but lose the war!:eek2:
Forget the scones!:thumbd:
(I"ll eat 'em).:rolleyes2::tongue2:

Reference has been made to Throwdown weigh-ins being done "nekkid and empty." Nekkid is self-explanatory. We Throwdowners like nekkid. We do nekkid. :biggrin2: But "empty" raises suspicions that The Chimp once again is resorting to his secret emptying-out solution of prune juice blended with other exotic tropical fruits and perhaps Metamucil or somesuch. This concoction was once on the Throwdown list of banned substances, but in the absence of a controlling authority (namely, "The Ref"), The Chimp may be running wild with this toxic tropical elixir once again. :eek2: Take heed Chimpster: Superbob is on to your monkey tricks, and he will defeat you in the Race to Saint Paddy's Day, no matter what. :p:thumbup:

Hey Throwdowners .... TheChimp is having major system problems ... I will either get this old box fixed again or upgrade ... anyway I will start the Throwdown tomorrow and if something prevents this I will place a call to e second, third etc in charge until I find someone to get it rolling .... the bright spot is that I am feeling better and exercising a bit :)

Oh man, I am sorry about the continuing system problems, Cooker. I hereby retract all my above silliness about tropical juices etc. Sure hope and pray all will soon be better for you! :thumbup:

No way we're going to let you win the battle but lose the war!:eek2:
Forget the scones!:thumbd:
(I"ll eat 'em).:rolleyes2::tongue2:

Yeah!!! What she said SB! :tongue2:

Thanks for all the welcome backs. I should have checked back in sooner cause I knew y'all know where I'm coming from and I really never expected less than your support. I'm just still so mad at myself. My Yo Yo needs to lose some of its spring... :smile2:

I did sail off on a cruise from 11/17 thru 11/29 with some of that time in Barbados before and after the 7 night cruise. Y'all should try this cruise line sometime. http://www.starclippers.com I've sailed on all three of their ships now, this time was my first for the Royal Clipper - their largest ship which is a 5 masted tall ship. We had a fabulous fabulous time! Ship holds around 200 passengers and I forget how many crew - but a lot. There were 165 passengers on board this trip - only 39 Americans and then a bunch of germans, a boistruos gang of Russians and then some from Mexico, France, Bali, Spain, Italy, etc.

From Barbados we sailed to Union Island, then to Grenada, then Tobago cays, then St. Vincent, then Bequia then Martinique, then St. Lucia and back to Barbados. Beautiful - I've never snorkeled with so many leatherback turtles. They'd let you swim right with them and you could touch their leathery backs and everything. I really didn't do too bad on the ship and the food was fantastic - but lots of exercise going up and down stairs (no elevator) and snorkeling and kayaking, etc.

It was when I got back that I was smacked in the face with Christmas and the eating frenzy began and didn't stop until 2 days ago. ARRGH! I have no self-control. :mad2::mad2: I think I'm back on track now - walking at lunch 2 miles and eating 'My Fit Foods' again.:angel: Also working my ass off (if that would only work)!

So get ready y'all as I intend to give you a run for your money in the RTSPD!! Good job Marie and Duffey' yall are off to an excellent start. I'll see if I can get a weekly spreadsheet going again starting on Monday to give everyone a chance to report in. I think that makes it a little more fun and maybe mmore motivating.... . which is exactly what I need - motivation!:thumbup:

Hey Cooker, hope you feel better soon.

Brad

Uhhhh I don't think Cooker is having bodily system problems y'all! I think he was talking about his PC!!! :biggrin2: Anyway - hope you get it working again Mr. Chimp.... Sometimes better to just chunk it and get a new one if it's too old. My Dad got my Mom a really nice and fast laptop for Christmas and it was only $349. Not too long ago something like that would cost closer to $1000.

Later gators!

Latest posts

Back