Cooker's Throwdown Friday II...6-26-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I have to say that lack of cobbler and cake have paid off ... I would say that my five pound loss is due to pining for DW but she has only been gone two days ... if I keep this trend going there should be less of me to love when she returns (lord I miss her) ...

We all know that losing weight can be exasperating at times ... up and down, up and down ... I was embarrassed to read my mention in last weeks thread of retirement after chastising SuperBob for mentioning the very same option ( sorry man-o-steel ) ... It is normal to sometimes say, ?what?s the dif? ... I have used excuse after excuse to justify hanging up my weight loss belt but I know it?s not an option for long ... I feel so much better physically, emotionally and mentally when I am losing because I am doing something good for ?me?, not to mention that hauling around 10, 20, 30 extra pounds is not good for anyone, much less heart folks ...

I hope everyone has a successful week in whatever they are trying to accomplish / overcome ... Lord knows I have more than one opponent to battle everyday .... peace out:cool:

Starting weight..........233
Last Weigh in ............200
This week.....................195
Total Loss ....................38

Good job . . . whatever the reason!;)
I'll weigh a little later and post the results then.:)

I have to say that lack of cobbler and cake have paid off ... I would say that my five pound loss is due to pining for DW but she has only been gone two days ... if I keep this trend going there should be less of me to love when she returns (lord I miss her) ...

We all know that losing weight can be exasperating at times ... up and down, up and down ... I was embarrassed to read my mention in last weeks thread of retirement after chastising SuperBob for mentioning the very same option ( sorry man-o-steel ) ... It is normal to sometimes say, ?what?s the dif? ... I have used excuse after excuse to justify hanging up my weight loss belt but I know it?s not an option for long ... I feel so much better physically, emotionally and mentally when I am losing because I am doing something good for ?me?, not to mention that hauling around 10, 20, 30 extra pounds is not good for anyone, much less heart folks ...

I hope everyone has a successful week in whatever they are trying to accomplish / overcome ... Lord knows I have more than one opponent to battle everyday .... peace out:cool:

Starting weight..........233
Last Weigh in ............200
This week.....................195
Total Loss ....................38

Superbob's press secretary responds: Superbob is away chasing Argentinian tail xxxxxxno!xxxxxxxscratch that!!! Superbob is away hiking the Appalachian Trail. Yes, that's what I meant to say: trail. Hiking. Superbob is away and completely unreachable. Damsels in distress will have to await his return. Oh, and Superbob did not take his scales with him, so he will not be able to perform his duties for The Throwdown. At least not til he returns. Whenever that may be.

:p:p:p

OMG, Cooker, you are amazing.

Superbob....you are hilarious!!!!!!! Crazy news week, isn't it.

Way to stay losers, Mary and Eva!!

I have been totally AWOL and I really apologize. Was not a good girl, but did finish 9 hours of online classes so as to re-instate a teaching license. It is not easy to read and write and read and write and not munch. So. Once again, I haven't gained any weight but certainly haven't lost.

Also, I am NOT motivated. Blah. So I need some inspiration from you guys! Tell me MORE about how good it feels to be lighter. I need specifics!! Puleeese!

Gonna try to pop in more frequently now that all I'm doing :rolleyes: is filling out application after application for some kind of work!!

Thanks for the pep talk I'm hoping for!!

Marguerite

Hi all you LOSERS!!!

I haven't been on too much. Last week was a 5.2 lb. loss for me at WW. This week was a 1lb. gain. Still better than a 5lb. gain. No walking down south....hot hot hot. The treadmill has to come into our spare room in the a/c.

Ev

Hi all you LOSERS!!!

I haven't been on too much. Last week was a 5.2 lb. loss for me at WW. This week was a 1lb. gain. Still better than a 5lb. gain. No walking down south....hot hot hot. The treadmill has to come into our spare room in the a/c.

Ev

Great jog Ev ..... it is hot so don't risk it .... I saw a guy running yestersdat at 3:30pm ... high here was 97 and humid .... I think these folks are nuts:)

It was a good week for me too...I threw another lb away! Horrrrrrrrrrraayyyyyyyyy!

Great job Eva ..... one lb at:) a time
OMG, Cooker, you are amazing.

Superbob....you are hilarious!!!!!!! Crazy news week, isn't it.

Way to stay losers, Mary and Eva!!

I have been totally AWOL and I really apologize. Was not a good girl, but did finish 9 hours of online classes so as to re-instate a teaching license. It is not easy to read and write and read and write and not munch. So. Once again, I haven't gained any weight but certainly haven't lost.

Also, I am NOT motivated. Blah. So I need some inspiration from you guys! Tell me MORE about how good it feels to be lighter. I need specifics!! Puleeese!

Gonna try to pop in more frequently now that all I'm doing :rolleyes: is filling out application after application for some kind of work!!

Thanks for the pep talk I'm hoping for!!

Marguerite

Welcome back .... quite bluntly, I have a lot more energy and that means a lot more, well you know, tree swinging .... it does a body good:D

Holy smokes, Batman! Superbob is down 3 pounds this morning! This is a completely unexpected result, given that his eating has ranged from seafood buffets to doughnut binges (well, actually just one doughnut bad day). :)

Maybe all that hiking helps. With Superdawg, no Latin mistress. :p :cool:

There have been some great achievements among the troops this week, beginning with the Chimp and the Ref, those intrepid leaders. Congrats to all, and welcome Marguerite -- it is always great to have your contributions here!

I'm having an odd day and forgot to weigh. Had to take our cat, Boots, to the vet. Taking our Bichon Frise, Beau, to the groomer in a bit. I'm taking ZPak for the allergy cruds. In the middle of all that, I forgot to weigh before eating and having my Starbucks coffee. If it's okay, I will just wait to weigh next week. Not feeling like doing anything much. Sadly though I still want to eat.

Cooker, Mary, Eva, Superbob....weigh to go!!!! I probably missed someone, so good job to all and to all a good day.

I'm having an odd day and forgot to weigh. Had to take our cat, Boots, to the vet. Taking our Bichon Frise, Beau, to the groomer in a bit. I'm taking ZPak for the allergy cruds. In the middle of all that, I forgot to weigh before eating and having my Starbucks coffee. If it's okay, I will just wait to weigh next week. Not feeling like doing anything much. Sadly though I still want to eat.

Cooker, Mary, Eva, Superbob....weigh to go!!!! I probably missed someone, so good job to all and to all a good day.

That's okay, Wise, there are plenty of times even a SuperHero can't get on those scales. :eek: Hey, the Starbucks should help -- trying to recover from our humid walk just now, but will be getting that Starbucks soon. :rolleyes:

Plus one more this week again.

STARTING WEIGHT - 173
LAST WEEK - 168
THIS WEEK- 169

Holy smokes, Batman! Superbob is down 3 pounds this morning! This is a completely unexpected result, given that his eating has ranged from seafood buffets to doughnut binges (well, actually just one doughnut bad day). :)

Maybe all that hiking helps. With Superdawg, no Latin mistress. :p :cool:

There have been some great achievements among the troops this week, beginning with the Chimp and the Ref, those intrepid leaders. Congrats to all, and welcome Marguerite -- it is always great to have your contributions here!

Not a cranberry-orange scone to be found in the Palmetto State! :mad: Have I moved to Dogpatch, or what? :eek:

Podunk, SC...OMG!!!!

First let me say congratulations on the weight loss SuperBob ... and seeing as you and TheWiseOne are close compadre’s I will let the besmirching SC go this time ... If it happens again I may be forced to call in the Jameson bothers:eek:

Well, when we went out to eat this afternoon (at P.F. Chang's -- yum!) we did see a whole line of Kentucky cars rolling down the highway toward the beach. So apparently Podunk is just fine for the Bluegrass State folks. :D

Well, when we went out to eat this afternoon (at P.F. Chang's -- yum!) we did see a whole line of Kentucky cars rolling down the highway toward the beach. So apparently Podunk is just fine for the Bluegrass State folks. :D

I got a big big laugh out of that statement. Yes, that would be correct Sir Superbob, Podunk is very familiar to those of us from the Bluegrass State.

If they don't have cranberry-orange scones, it is at least a scone Podunk! LOL.

Latest posts

Back