Cooker's Throwdown Friday II...6-18-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting weight 244

This week 213.5

Down 30.5 lbs
These last 3 lbs have been tough up 2 down 1 up 3 down 2 then down then up. Anyway My goal was to lose at least 30 before my surgery on June 30 I have made that. Want to loose another 25 after surgery and try to keep it off.

I applaud all Throwdowners .... gain, lose or draw ... we are sticking with it ... and like the tortoise and the hare we will cross the finish line:) ..... Happy Father’s Day

Quote superbob
Hope oyster po' boys qualify as Throwdown diet food.

Only if you get them in the French Quarter of N.O. Every where else we have had them they have been a disappointment.

Quote superbob
Hope oyster po' boys qualify as Throwdown diet food.

Only if you get them in the French Quarter of N.O. Every where else we have had them they have been a disappointment.

I'll have to try them when we're there in October.;):)

Egad! Superbob's post about oyster po' boys has been sitting here for days as the signature post of the Throwdown. :eek: Maybe Superbob should change the subject to grits and shrimp, or pecan pie. :D

I fear there are few who know the joys of the southern oyster po'boy .... sad, very sad:cool:

I will confess, neither Cindy nor I know what a po' boy is. We know what an oyster is. I don't like oysters. However, I am curious. Is it something like a hush puppy?

Superbob: Now we know grits and shrimp; you can get some good ones in your area. Sea Captain's House is one of them. The best place to eat there, in our little ole opinions.

I will confess, neither Cindy nor I know what a po' boy is. We know what an oyster is. I don't like oysters. However, I am curious. Is it something like a hush puppy?

Superbob: Now we know grits and shrimp; you can get some good ones in your area. Sea Captain's House is one of them. The best place to eat there, in our little ole opinions.

Fried oysters on a lightly toasted hoagie roll, tartar sauce, served with or without lettuce and tomatoes ..... it?s worth a try.....:)

Fried oysters on a lightly toasted hoagie roll, tartar sauce, served with or without lettuce and tomatoes ..... it?s worth a try.....:)

I think the Chimp has got some of the basics here. However, instead of a Hoagie roll a true po' boy is properly fitted into a whole loaf of freshly baked French bread. Can be a hot smoked sausage po' boy with chili gravy, or a roast beef, or ham, or a variety of seafood including oysters, shrimp, or catfish. A matter of personal preference is whether to get it "dressed all the way" (make of that what you will, Cooker. :D ) --- mayo, creole mustard, even ketchup are acceptable. The sloppier the better. :)

Now I am hungry! Or, rather, Superbob is hungry! :p

I think the Chimp has got some of the basics here. However, instead of a Hoagie roll a true po' boy is properly fitted into a whole loaf of freshly baked French bread. Can be a hot smoked sausage po' boy with chili gravy, or a roast beef, or ham, or a variety of seafood including oysters, shrimp, or catfish. A matter of personal preference is whether to get it "dressed all the way" (make of that what you will, Cooker. :D ) --- mayo, creole mustard, even ketchup are acceptable. The sloppier the better. :)

Now I am hungry! Or, rather, Superbob is hungry! :p

Good God:eek: .... Someone charge the paddles ......:p

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Superbob knows there has been curiosity about his sudden disappearance from the Throwdown. Superbob wants to make it known that he has been "hiking the Appalachian Trail."

Uh, what's that you say? Where are the hiking boots, the tent, the gear?

Well, uh, okay, Superbob confesses: exotic food has become his mistress. (But don't even have to fly to Buenos Aires to find it.) DW has resigned from cooking, and we have $20 off coupons for 100-item seafood buffets, so that's where Superbob has been. And tonight after a buffet, he went into the Krispy Kreme doughnut factory and got a dozen original glazed hot off the conveyor belts.

What can Superbob say? The flesh is weak. Superbob apologizes to everyone he has offended with his gluttony. He will seek nutritional counseling to hep him work through this. Meanwhile, he is feeling the need out of pangs of guilt (admittedly mixed with luscious pleasure) to resign the Throwdown. He is a hopeless loser. No, make that gainer.:eek:

I'm officially entering this throwdown. Enough excuses for me of "Well, I gained 20 pounds after my mom died..." sob, sob. Whatever! I went back to Weight Watchers and I'm throwing down? 20 pounds. So there. Besides, I don't like the WW message boards, and here at VR we're all family, so it means more.

Congrats to all of you on your weight loss!
Best,

I'm officially entering this throwdown. Enough excuses for me of "Well, I gained 20 pounds after my mom died..." sob, sob. Whatever! I went back to Weight Watchers and I'm throwing down? 20 pounds. So there. Besides, I don't like the WW message boards, and here at VR we're all family, so it means more.

Best,

Deb, dear, what will remain of you if you loose 20 lbs?!! You are thin to start with!! Anyhow, it is your call and good luck.:)

Thanks, Eva:), but my booty is large :eek: and my heart rhythm is all out of sorts...think I better get this junk outta my trunk! I may be thin on top, but I hate the size I wear in pants. Darn being pear-shaped! I can't fit into any of my cute summer clothes this year! Grrr.... :mad:

Best,

Fabtabulous!!!! .... welcome to our band of, well, whatever ..... :D

Superbob knows there has been curiosity about his sudden disappearance from the Throwdown. Superbob wants to make it known that he has been "hiking the Appalachian Trail."

LMAO:D
Uh, what's that you say? Where are the hiking boots, the tent, the gear?

Well, uh, okay, Superbob confesses: exotic food has become his mistress. (But don't even have to fly to Buenos Aires to find it.) DW has resigned from cooking, and we have $20 off coupons for 100-item seafood buffets, so that's where Superbob has been. And tonight after a buffet, he went into the Krispy Kreme doughnut factory and got a dozen original glazed hot off the conveyor belts.

What can Superbob say? The flesh is weak. Superbob apologizes to everyone he has offended with his gluttony. He will seek nutritional counseling to hep him work through this. Meanwhile, he is feeling the need out of pangs of guilt (admittedly mixed with luscious pleasure) to resign the Throwdown. He is a hopeless loser. No, make that gainer.:eek:

Oh paleeeeez ..... resignation is not an option .... read article 213, paragraph 3 .... and if that don?t do it I?ll fly in TheRef ..... And by the way, the only reason I may show a loss this week is that DW is on an extended boondoggle and cobblers, cakes and the likes are out of reach..... as Arnold would say, ?You?ll be back?:D

goodlordamighty - I don't check in here for a few days and I come back and find SB and the Chimp talking about all sorts of bad food. What has gone on here people!!!! ;)

Welcome Debi!

Latest posts

Back