Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....2-13-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post, Cooker, I will report my weight tomorrow, as I weigh on Fridays. Meanwhile, thanks for all your encouragement...I am very happy for your weight loss success.:) AND

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and many happy returns to you and to your DW
:)

Thanks Eva and thanks for the encouragement you bring to all of us!! ... :)

Way to go Cooker. I am hanging in there. Another one pound loss this week. My husband and I did walk 3 days this week. Last night we went to granddaughters basketball tournament. Her middle school are the 1st place champions. I drank a diet coke and did not get any of the wonderful snack bar goodies.

Starting-145
This Week-136
This Week Loss-1
Total Loss-9

WoW Cooker!...that is an amazing number you pulled today.

Many congratulations on both your marvellous achievements this week...A Chimp in "budgie smugglers!" (thats Aussie for speedos!...LOL...) now that would be a sight to see :D

Well done to our other throw-downers who are staying with the program too...my scales are resting ;);) this week!

SB...hope Sadie listens and keeps her paws off your newly fixed scales...

I've been walking our dogs everynight for 45minutes....one of them even got a sore paw form all the exercise.

Poor puppies:rolleyes: ... I know they love the walks and it's good for all involved, even you:D .... Chimps look great in "budgie smugglers", especially if the sun is in your eyes:D;)

I'm getting curious...Does anyone here know about the effectiveness of
Acaia Berry? The net is loaded with testaments about it and 'Colon Cleanse',
and since they are advertising it so hard,I don't know if its hype or really
worthwhile. Has anyone tried it or know of someone who has?
--Dina

I'm not stepping on the scale this week. I think things are going okay, maybe even a little loss - but if I step on and find otherwise - I'll just get depressed. So no scale for me this week.

I haven't been on the stepper for 2 days because I was a bit under the weather, but will hopefully get back on today.

Congrats to everyone for hanging in there. Happy Anniversary to Lisa and Mr. Lisa :D.

Here's to being Big Losers!

Sue,
You are really kicking the weight off! Woo Hoo!:)

I'm down a pound. I'm sure it's because I've hauled the grandbaby around the house three afternoons this week.Whew!:eek:
I also "found" my way back to the swimming pool( I was AWOL) and had to explain to the regulars where I'd been hiding.:eek::p And yes, I was wearing a Speedo, Cooker!:rolleyes::p

Well, I'm sticking with the program, but it's not getting me anywhere. I'm still 4 pounds over goal. On Monday (my WW weigh-in day) I was down 2 pounds from working in the garden and dog training all weekend, but they have mysteriously reappeared this morning.

I'm doing everything I can, but the body doesn't want to shed these 4 pounds that have crept on since 12/07. If I can keep it to just 4 I can live with it, but it's frustrating to work hard at diet and exercise and still lose ground.

I'm getting curious...Does anyone here know about the effectiveness of
Acaia Berry? The net is loaded with testaments about it and 'Colon Cleanse',
and since they are advertising it so hard,I don't know if its hype or really
worthwhile. Has anyone tried it or know of someone who has?
--Dina

I've seen it advertised too. It would be wonderful if it truly worked.:)

Here it issssss: 166 lbs. two weeks ago, I was 166.5

a bit disappointed that it is not changing a lot as I hope despite all the walking, yet happy that my clothes are looser. Will be more strict with myself this week. :)

Happy for all those who lost and all those who stayed the same, and wish a better week for all of us.

Way to go Cooker. I am hanging in there. Another one pound loss this week. My husband and I did walk 3 days this week. Last night we went to granddaughters basketball tournament. Her middle school are the 1st place champions. I drank a diet coke and did not get any of the wonderful snack bar goodies.

Starting-145
This Week-136
This Week Loss-1
Total Loss-9

Way to go Sue!! .... One pound at a time..... Sounds like a great country song:D:p

Here it issssss: 166 lbs. two weeks ago, I was 166.5

a bit disappointed that it is not changing a lot as I hope despite all the walking, yet happy that my clothes are looser. Will be more strict with myself this week. :)

Happy for all those who lost and all those who stayed the same, and wish a better week for all of us.

Eva .... if your clothes are looser it's working.... way to go.... keep on keeping on:)
Well, I'm sticking with the program, but it's not getting me anywhere. I'm still 4 pounds over goal. On Monday (my WW weigh-in day) I was down 2 pounds from working in the garden and dog training all weekend, but they have mysteriously reappeared this morning.

I'm doing everything I can, but the body doesn't want to shed these 4 pounds that have crept on since 12/07. If I can keep it to just 4 I can live with it, but it's frustrating to work hard at diet and exercise and still lose ground.

You know what they say at WW ... don't quit .... are you writing everything in your journal? .... I'm new at WW but been with it long enough to know that it is easy to think we know what a serving is and what the points are but I find I can have a little to much slack in my guessing .... hang tough:)

I just checked in to see how you all are doing. What I'm reading is PROGRESS! Even those not weighing still are mentally heading towards a goal. It seems I'll have at least another 9 weeks in a hard cast of some sort so I'm keeping weight loss on a hold for the duration. Next week we are heading to Cancun for a couple of weeks and the mechanics of accomplishing this is exercising my mind if not my body.

Tom. happy anniversary to you and Sherry. I hope you have many more anniversaries to share.

Sue,
You are really kicking the weight off! Woo Hoo!:)

I'm down a pound. I'm sure it's because I've hauled the grandbaby around the house three afternoons this week.Whew!:eek:
I also "found" my way back to the swimming pool( I was AWOL) and had to explain to the regulars where I'd been hiding.:eek::p And yes, I was wearing a Speedo, Cooker!:rolleyes::p

Way to go Ref!!! .... I was going to send you an award but decided pound cake might be viewed as sabotage:p:p:rolleyes:

Tragedy on Valentines..I'm on a plateau and retaining fluid.
The most confusing thing for me(and others) is that alot of the symptoms
for heart failure are the same as hypothyroid,such as water retention,SOB
esp on exertion, wt gain (or no wt loss) fatigue,etc. And I'm doing so well,
trying hard,not cheating-just not fair.

Oh well..no red teddies for me today!
Hope everyone else can fit into theirs tonite:D
(except the guys of course),and have a fun Valentine's!

Tragedy on Valentines..I'm on a plateau and retaining fluid.
The most confusing thing for me(and others) is that alot of the symptoms
for heart failure are the same as hypothyroid,such as water retention,SOB
esp on exertion, wt gain (or no wt loss) fatigue,etc. And I'm doing so well,
trying hard,not cheating-just not fair.

Oh well..no red teddies for me today!
Hope everyone else can fit into theirs tonite:D
(except the guys of course),and have a fun Valentine's!

Dina ... I know it's hard when nothing happens and other issues get in the way of weight loss (((((((HUG))))) .... Just stick with it and do the best you can:) .... And by the way, most of us guys would prefer to see the red teddies on the floor anyway;)

ummm.....NO to the first statement :D:p;)

A big YES to the second statement :)

(I'm still on track two day later...sanity has come home to roost!)

Wise ....Good job on day two!!! ? I was under my 10% goal at WW this morning ? total with WW since last September 23.6 pounds ?. It works if you work it......

Wise ....Good job on day two!!! ? I was under my 10% goal at WW this morning ? total with WW since last September 23.6 pounds ?. It works if you work it......

Good WW weigh-in, Chimp!:)

Hang in there, Dina!:)

Wise, I'm glad you're back on track and Cindy is continuing her awesome ways!:)

Betty, enjoy Cancun and soak up some sunshine for the rest of us!:)

I just checked in to see how you all are doing. What I'm reading is PROGRESS! Even those not weighing still are mentally heading towards a goal. It seems I'll have at least another 9 weeks in a hard cast of some sort so I'm keeping weight loss on a hold for the duration. Next week we are heading to Cancun for a couple of weeks and the mechanics of accomplishing this is exercising my mind if not my body.

Tom. happy anniversary to you and Sherry. I hope you have many more anniversaries to share.

Thanks Betty!! .... Have a wonderful trip and be careful:) ... We have you in our prayers....

Back