Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....09-26-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Throwdowners:D ... Here we go on another week ... our goal ... improved health through diet and exercise ... I had a so, so week and am pleased with no more gain than the 1.5 pounds I am reporting this morning ... No excuses ... just life:)

starting weight........233
Last Week...................208.5
This week....................210
Weekly Change............ +1.5

Hi, I'm about ready to rejoin the throwdown....probably after our mini-southern reunion. I've got the information on our local Weight Watchers group and I think I'll join that as well. I'm sure not doing it on my own. I'm anxious to see how everyone else has been doing through. I sure hope everyone had a good week. Betty

Oh, Cooker, it's probably just water.

I'm up .3 from last week, but I've been fighting off the effects of ONE hot link at the Plano Balloon Festival Saturday night. Geez! Other than that I've been a saint (food wise).

Anyway, the hot air balloons were lovely, and my only regret was not taking my camera. That would have made a nice avitar.

Jet's running in a practice agility match this weekend, and I hope someone will take some photos for me so I can have an updated avitar!

Hi, I'm about ready to rejoin the throwdown....probably after our mini-southern reunion. I've got the information on our local Weight Watchers group and I think I'll join that as well. I'm sure not doing it on my own. I'm anxious to see how everyone else has been doing through. I sure hope everyone had a good week. Betty

Betty ... I think you will like WW ... they say that people that attend meetings lose more weight ... Go ahead and join up, you have a week before the reunion!!!:D

Oh, Cooker, it's probably just water.

I'm up .3 from last week, but I've been fighting off the effects of ONE hot link at the Plano Balloon Festival Saturday night. Geez! Other than that I've been a saint (food wise).

Anyway, the hot air balloons were lovely, and my only regret was not taking my camera. That would have made a nice avitar.

Jet's running in a practice agility match this weekend, and I hope someone will take some photos for me so I can have an updated avitar!

Thanks for the comforting words:) .... I did lose a lot fast and knew the loss rate would drastically slow up....Well, here's to a day in the bathroom :p

Nothing amazing to report this week. I haven't indulged in many sweet treats this week so that is a good thing.

Been busy trying not to weigh myself so often as I was sabotaging my efforts by indulging whenever I went down a few grams.

I feel better and less bulgy tummy-wise so thats good.

Hope you all had a good week too.

Nothing amazing here either.

I've "discovered" the large tub of Hummus at Costco. A few sticks of celery or some pita chips and it's my new favorite snack.

I've been thinking about my goals and have decided that my goal weight is still about 40-50 pounds away. Having lost abit more than 25 (half before this throwdown) and taking it slowly (slow and steady wins the race) I don't think it's unrealistic. I'm probably being way too patient. But the reward is that even when I stop being "good" the weight is not really coming back on. I have honestly changed my habits. I have incorporated them into my life. I have not been too strict and I have been creative about it. And mostly patient and optimistic.

It's great to come here when I can and be a part of this great group of losers. ;):D

Have a great week everyone!!

Marguerite

Nothing amazing to report this week. I haven't indulged in many sweet treats this week so that is a good thing.

Been busy trying not to weigh myself so often as I was sabotaging my efforts by indulging whenever I went down a few grams.

I feel better and less bulgy tummy-wise so thats good.

Hope you all had a good week too.

Ton .... indulging when successful seems to be a common thread among those trying to lose weight ... I too love to celebrate with a pizza or ice cream:eek:

Nothing amazing here either.

I've "discovered" the large tub of Hummus at Costco. A few sticks of celery or some pita chips and it's my new favorite snack.

I've been thinking about my goals and have decided that my goal weight is still about 40-50 pounds away. Having lost abit more than 25 (half before this throwdown) and taking it slowly (slow and steady wins the race) I don't think it's unrealistic. I'm probably being way too patient. But the reward is that even when I stop being "good" the weight is not really coming back on. I have honestly changed my habits. I have incorporated them into my life. I have not been too strict and I have been creative about it. And mostly patient and optimistic.

It's great to come here when I can and be a part of this great group of losers. ;):D

Have a great week everyone!!

Marguerite

Marguerite ... your post is worthy to be framed ... EVERY word of it is true, do not change a thing about the way you are losing weight and don't change a thing about you.... GREAT JOB:D

Lifestyle chage... A+

Slow and steady ... A+

Flexibility ... A+

Ref, SuperBob .... could this be the preamble to the ThrowDown????

I'm even with last Friday although I was down 1.6 lbs at WW this week. Just shows how much it can bounce around day to day. At least I'm not still gaining.

Last week: 225.0

Starting weight: 226.5

This week: 224.4

Loss this week: a little more than a half of a pound.

Total loss so far: 2.1 Lbs.

I'll take it! I haven't been particularly good this week about controlling snacking and sugar intake. I have been pretty good on following my basic diet, which is a modified version of a Step 1, Low cholesterol diet. If you would like to see more info on what I'm attempting to follow, click here.

Before I started this diet, my cholesterol was borderline high for normal people (total cholesterol 210), of course cardios want that number a LOT lower for heart disease patients. But I have refused so far to take statins. I'm confident I can get the total number down significantly. Tri and HDL are good.

This week I want to work on portion size and snacking. The throwdown is a helpful incentive.

Good luck to everyone this coming week!

Jim

Marguerite ... your post is worthy to be framed ... EVERY word of it is true, do not change a thing about the way you are losing weight and don't change a thing about you.... GREAT JOB:D

Lifestyle chage... A+

Slow and steady ... A+

Flexibility ... A+

Ref, SuperBob .... could this be the preamble to the ThrowDown????

Yep, it should be part of the ThrowDown charter.;)

huh. I'm down three pounds. :confused: I sure don't feel like I am. I feel bloaty and fat from surgery. :eek: Oh, well. Guess I'll take it where I can get it. I know I'll be gaining the next two weeks. I start stim meds for the surrogacy on Sunday. I'm told I will soon look as if I am pregnant. Fun stuff. :p

Haven't checked in in a while. I'm still floating around at my starting weight. The problem came when I had about 2 months of gastic issues that caused a lot of PVC's etc. I just didn't feel like working out and didn't. I finally turned on my Wii Fit again and it chastised me - 32 days since it had last "seen" me.

The good news is that I'm now on Prilosec (a GI doc prescribed it) and it is working. So now this week I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I'm trying to commit to low-carb eating, since carbs seems to REALLY be my enemy. I try to tell myself that if I was told that sugars (of all kinds) would kill me - I know I wouldn't consume them anymore - so why do I keep cheating? I have a little over 2 months until the big 50 - I'd like to be well on my way to a healthier me by then.

The other problem is that we have had such great weather and DH and I have been out on the Harley just about every weekend - most destinations lead to great food.

I ran across this article while googling - http://www.marilynglenville.com/dieting.htm

It had some good information in it.

huh. I'm down three pounds. :confused: I sure don't feel like I am. I feel bloaty and fat from surgery. :eek: Oh, well. Guess I'll take it where I can get it. I know I'll be gaining the next two weeks. I start stim meds for the surrogacy on Sunday. I'm told I will soon look as if I am pregnant. Fun stuff. :p

Great job ... you know what I mean .... glad you are down ... Do the meds you will be taking cause weight gain? ... If so we will celebrate every pound with you as we ... thanks for letting us be a part of this journey:)

Carbs are evil!:pNo truer words have I read in Cooker's ThrowDown!;)

I did battle with them this week, and lost!:mad::mad:

I'm up half a pound, and I am AGGRAVATED!

Good job everyone. Cooker & Mary, you'll rebound next week!

Here's our report:

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4
Last Week: 138.2
This Week: 136.6
Weekly Change: -1.6
Total Weight Lost: 33.8

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Last Week: 179.8
This Week: 177.6
Weekly Change: -2.2
Total Weight Lost: 27.2

Cindy is doing fantastic. I'm just .4 above my pre-birthday weight. Making progress!

Wow. Hats off to Cindy and Wise!! It's so great when you can find something that works for you. That's what I like about this Throwdown. No one is doing the chastizing (like Karlynn's Wii machine for heaven's sake!!). We are all about support. And support leads to success. So each of us have to find our path to this success because we need to design it around our own lives. All the books and diets and programs are wonderfully educational. I don't think (since there are so many out there) that there can be one that works the best for everyone. So be creative. Read, listen and learn and then manufacture a lifestyle that your body will respond to. But do build some new rules and try to stick to them, or modify them as you go along so you will stick to them.

Thanks Chimp and Mary for your glowing support and compliments. I love to write. When I'm among friends, it's easy to put it out in a coherent way!

Niki. You are doing something remarkable. You need to keep your best health in mind through this. It might be time to put that scale into a dark corner of the closet and just go along on how you feel. Dial into your physical needs and just let the next few weeks/months carry you as you really focus in on your own body. Listen to it. NO ADDED STRESS young lady!!! Best wishes. We're all with you!!

Have a great weekend!!

Marguerite

Back