Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 8-29-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings! All is good with TheChimp this week... work is still work but grateful to be employed and for all God has seen fit to throw my way.... I'm down a bit from last, Hooray!!!!! I'll take anything I can get when it's in the loss column!!! Gamecock football starts tonight and DW is already trying to plan low fat, low cal snacks... bless her heart .. ( I have my secret stash...heheheheh)...

How was your week? Hope all Throwdowners and their fams are well!!!

2014 Starting Weight: 231
2014 STLD Starting Weight: 235
Today's Weight: 227

Good luck to your Gamecocks tonight. My Volunteers open Sunday night versus Utah State on SEC Network (which I now have on my cable, hooray!). Hadn't thought about snacks -- guess I should lay in a supply of celery??? :cool: Superbob will weigh mañana.

I suppose I should also claim the Volunteers as mine since our son will graduate next spring with a UT degree. Do you mind sharing, Superbob? Cooker, glad you're down for the week. Good job! I'm down a pound, but will have to look back and see where I was when we started the Labor Day sprint. Everyone remember the Labor Day contest?????? Kids will be in tomorrow with Baby Matthew so I'm cleaning like crazy and getting groceries in. It's all good; it's all exercise of one sort or another!

I gained four pounds in one week on vacation. Apparently that is what eating nonstop does, no matter how many miles I walked on the beautiful Oregon coast. But if I get back to working a program I will lose it. Hopefully some is water?? Nah, that's probably more delusional thinking, like, "I can have ice cream crepes and half a bag of chips, and some cheese, and oh yeah how about an extra burger, every day, I'm walking 5-7 miles." (forehead slap)

I do know that I have to plan my eating and stick with the plan if I want the wonderful benefits of weight loss. Time to rejoin reality land : ) I will have a good report next week.

Today = 139.

I guess I have to start watching the Gophers since my son started at the U of M?

Nice job Cooker and Duffey!!

Vacation can do that to ya -- I'm sure you will get back on track.

Of course, you can root for the Vols, Duffey, but go easy on The Chimp….I'm sure he's hurting right now. Sorry about the game tonight, Mr. Chimp.

Last edited:
I'm going with -4 for the STLD ... As far as the Gamecocks go it was ugly ... but we are definitely in a rebuilding period.... you can't ride on the coat tails of past star players.

just before my Friday T-D routine, I got a call from PT asking if I could shift my 3 p.m. appointment to 9 a.m. --- I am not a morning person but I accommodated them. So no weigh-in today, but I will go with yesterday's weigh-in, which sadly showed a 1 pound gain since last week. Last Friday, I had a 5.5 pound loss for my first week back on WW -- so now I need to work at keeping the momentum and not backsliding. It does not help that a fancy new doughnut shop now has opened in our neighborhood. Ugh -- got to stay away from that. (Not competing in Labor Day race -- I've been too much the yo-yo -- maybe I'll be an entrant in a Race to New Year's Day.

Speaking of rebuilding, Tennessee is the only team in the country that returns not a single starter from its offensive and defensive lines. Some 28 freshmen are expected to play Sunday night against Utah State. I think the coach they have now will lead them back to being competitive, if the fan base will be patient. A break-even season would be a real accomplishment this year.

Dornole, four pounds is about what I gained on vacation. I'm sure you will get it off pretty soon. I don't know which mascot name is better, Gopher or Gamecock, so I'll root for the Volunteers!
I looked back to the starting thread for the Labor Day Sprint. It was July 25, and I weighed in at 155. Yesterday I was at 153 so that's a loss of two. Looks like Cooker's in the lead!

oh Mama, oh Papa, it's Labor Day weekend -- what to do to avoid excess calories and added weight? Turkey hot dogs? Sugar-free apple pie?

and hey we had a sprint going (from which Superbob withdrew his lardy self) It's Labor Day weekend, so who won --- our very own Chimp?

I lost 7/10 of a pound this week, which I'm happy about. However for the Labor Day race I'm up 1.6. Could have been worse for sure. Have a great holiday everyone!

Gadzooks!!! Came home today to find an over-sized peach cobbler and a blueberry bread pudding!!! Sheesh.... I'm doomed :p

SuperBob mentions a race to New years Day!!!! Sounds like a winner to me!!!

been quiet in here for a few days. Still trying to recover from Labor day weekend/college football extravaganza? I had some shortness of breath while walking Superdawg out in the horrendous humidity (which I've never had before), so as a precaution I am going to see my cardiologist tomorrow. Also have some dental catch-up work today so I am fidgety about that. Lot of thoughts going through my head about my replacement device -- a complex one at that -- approaching 10 years of age, and no warranties of course. Whatever the future may hold, it's been a great 10 years and I am grateful for many blessings. And appreciative of the friendship here.

Superbob;n846495 said:
I had some shortness of breath while walking Superdawg out in the horrendous humidity (which I've never had before), so as a precaution I am going to see my cardiologist tomorrow. Also have some dental catch-up work today so I am fidgety about that. Lot of thoughts going through my head about my replacement device -- a complex one at that -- approaching 10 years of age, and no warranties of course. Whatever the future may hold, it's been a great 10 years and I am grateful for many blessings
I do hope things aren't as bad as you fear and that you get some more years out of your valve yet !

That'll get your attention . . . glad you were able to get an cardiologist appt quickly Superbob . . . prayers for good clear info to come from it the best result possible - and good luck at the dentist too -

Hi everyone! Hope all is well. Superbob, that's concerning about the SOB. Prayers for you my friend. Keep us updated. We tend to worry about our friends, don't ya know.

I think I'm doing well this week. I need to do more real exercise and not just "get by" on a lot of walking I do while working. That walking has proved to not be enough.

Wishing all the best. Bob it's probably nothing.... I never had SOB as a symptom but once every blue moon I will get SOB... cardiologist said no reason that can be found ... I guess this may fall under "ship happens" .... keep us posted...

Thanks for all the good wishes, TD friends! First part is over -- the long-dreaded dental work -- my meds have given me dry mouth, which increases my anxiety over long dental work, but sweet nurse got me a tall cup of ice and a big bottle of water with straw, so I could sip when needed. Just having it gave me security.

Will see cardiologist tomorrow - probably the sudden SOB was from South Carolina's wicked heat and humidity. You gotta be tough to be a South Carolinian, right Mr. Chimp?

Back