Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 5-9-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
As Popeye would say, "well blow me down" :eek2: ... I guess all this walking has given me a licence to "meal":wink2: ... I did not think I was eating any more than usual so I expected my weight to be down, not up ... well it is what it is ... I'll get out and hoof it again this morning ... I really thought after two weeks of walking I'd be 6'4'', cut, blonde and twenty years younger:biggrin2:

How'd your week go?

2014 Starting weight: 231
This week: 231

That cartoon is the best!

Weight up about 7 pounds to 152.

The problem is, there's a limit to how little you can eat (i.e., nothing) but NO LIMIT to how much you can stuff yourself. I gained most of that weight in a single week.

Back to tracking today.

well, I missed my early morning chance to get nekkid and weigh, so I'll aim to do it tomorrow morning. Other than walks with Superdawg during which she sniffs the flowers more than walks, I haven't been exercising much -- so maybe that means I will lose weight? Not really likely, but we shall see. Really need to hit the workout room today (and besides hitting it, maybe do some working out there. :tongue2:

I also missed my early morning opportunity to get nekkid and weigh, but since I was down a pound yesterday, I will gladly go with Wednesday's loss.
Charlie's here for the first time since his surgery. Picking him up and carrying him to the bathroom should qualify as both anaerobic and aerobic exercise. With the cast, he weighs over 50 pounds. Hard work for this out of shape grandma.

Sounds like a week of "ups". I'll see tomorrow and will report my weight. Cindy will weigh on Saturday as usual. Her part-time that she's had off and on for a few years has suddenly become full-time to her delight. She's loves being a receptionist. Me, I love do anything I can do independently, which is what my work is.

Anyway, darnole and Cooker don't worry too much about your gains. Worry is overrated anyway. You'll get it going back down. As far as 6'4", SB is the only one who can tell us what it's like to be tall. So, what is it like to be able to see the top of the refrigerator?

Sounds like a week of "ups". I'll see tomorrow and will report my weight. Cindy will weigh on Saturday as usual. Her part-time that she's had off and on for a few years has suddenly become full-time to her delight. She's loves being a receptionist. Me, I love do anything I can do independently, which is what my work is.

Anyway, darnole and Cooker don't worry too much about your gains. Worry is overrated anyway. You'll get it going back down. As far as 6'4", SB is the only one who can tell us what it's like to be tall. So, what is it like to be able to see the top of the refrigerator?

What I see there are dozens of Keurig coffees waiting to be roasted, an empty trick or treat bucket from Halloween, and of course, dust. :tongue2:

What I see there are dozens of Keurig coffees waiting to be roasted, an empty trick or treat bucket from Halloween, and of course, dust. :tongue2:

That's an awfully normal refrigerator top for a superhero. Our Keurig pods are by the Keurig because we would need a superhero to get them off of the refrigerator for us otherwise.

I'm going to say status quo this week. Almost scrubbed WW but then decided I'd miss it, so tracked for the day with 10 minutes to spare. I need to work on getting more (or less) out of it….Happy Mother's Day to all our Throwdown moms! And all our heart-buddy moms. :thumbup:

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there ... may your day be filled with love and hugs ... and to those of us who's moms have passed on may we remember the love and joys they brought to our lives :smile2:

All in all, I've really taken a step backward in my weight loss journey, but more importantly I haven't given up. I am up 1.1 this week. Cindy was up .6. Actually that was for the last two weeks. If I had weighed last week, I would have had a bigger bump up, but I am in recovery mode. Add a Mother's Day meal to that recovery, actually.

You guys are the best! All clear on the cath. I see the doctor Friday morning to check PT and I guess a general review. He told DW (I was loopy) all was well with the cath so I hope he is just going to give me a stern exercise and fat talk on Friday. I've dodged many bullets in my life...may be time to hang up the guns ... Last cath was right before surgery... I had no idea I would be restricted on driving, lifting and exercise for three or four days ... might just take the week off:biggrin2:

You guys are the best! All clear on the cath. I see the doctor Friday morning to check PT and I guess a general review. He told DW (I was loopy) all was well with the cath so I hope he is just going to give me a stern exercise and fat talk on Friday. I've dodged many bullets in my life...may be time to hang up the guns ... Last cath was right before surgery... I had no idea I would be restricted on driving, lifting and exercise for three or four days ... might just take the week off:biggrin2:

YAHOO !! Have a big fruit salad to celebrate, then walk the block. ;)

Latest posts

Back