Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 11-21-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings folks ... I'm down a quarter of a pound from last week and I'll take it. I hope everyone is going well and that you are making progress in you quest for a smaller you.
I want to ask a few of things of our little throwdown group....

1. I have a friend named Susan that is having cancer surgery today and needs prayer.

2. I know Duffey still needs our prayer in her recovery from her tonsillectomy.

3. We all know that the VR has issues. Please be patient and show Hank the appreciation he deserves.

Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving!! If you are traveling be safe!

RTNYD15 Starting Weight: 230.75

Last Weigh-in : 240.25
Today's Weight: 240.00

Will do all three! I am going to weigh myself on Mon. To see if I've lost anything. I was shocked when I went to the doctor this past Mon. to see I'v gained 10 pounds this past year!

Welcome Lisa, congrats Cooker on reversing the recent trend, I am continuing to pray for Duffey, and will pray for friend Susan for a good result from her cancer surgery. The site issues are sometimes frustrating, but I appreciate all that Hank has brought us with this site.

I have not yet been on the scales this morning, but I may muster the courage to do so within the hour. If not, there is always mañana, amigos.

I am happy to be posting to the Throwdown this morning. I'm not sure where today's weight falls in relation to the last number I posted, but I know that it is several pounds less than my year's starting weight.
Lisa, I'm glad you've joined our merry bunch! Cooker, congrats on being down this week. I am keeping Susan in my prayers. Thank you also for the prayers and good wishes concerning my recent surgery. I have always heard that a tonsillectomy at my age is difficult, and it is! The pain was much worse than any I experienced with valve replacement, and I have taken significantly more pain meds just to keep it at a tolerable level. I didn't mention in my initial post that the surgery was done to determine whether one tonsil was malignant. Yesterday I finally received word that there is no cancer. I am extraordinarily relieved and grateful to have the worry of the past three months behind me, and I am very anxious to resume walking and exercising.
Finally, thank you Hank for all you do. I appreciate you more than you will ever know.
This week: 149

About even at 138. My turkey-damaged toe is almost better and I was able walk a couple miles yesterday and do my weights class today with some modifications.

I hope you get your wish to be able to walk and exercise soon Duffey and so happy you can put these scary and frustrating past three months behind you soon.

Nice job Cooker slow & steady wins the race . . . welcome Lisa2 . . .fingers crossed SuperBob : )

Prayers for Susan. Continued prayers for you Duffey. YAY! No cancer. I'm glad for you. How difficult that would be not knowing something like that for three months. I hope the rest of your recovery is much better than you've had so far.

Good job Cooker. I am still not weighing. Don't know when I will. There are a lot of good things in our life now as well as stress (like everybody has), but I swear I respond to the good and the bad the very same way. Eat. Ugh.

Superbob seems to be up a pound this week -- probably b/c haven't supplemented slow walking and chiro adjustments with workout room. Headed there now and may also concoct one of those prune juice creations of Mr. Chimp from a few years back as an emergency elixir. .:Smile:

WHOO HOO! --- so glad to hear cancer has been ruled out, Duffey! Wishing you a recovery that starts smoothing out and lets you get back on the walking trails soon!

:Face-Smile:

dornole, glad that your turkey-dinged toe is getting better (are you going to forego turkey for prime rib or something on Thanksgiving? Wouldn't advise a ham -- they're heavy too! :Face-Devilish:

Lisa2;n849874 said:
Will do all three! I am going to weigh myself on Mon. To see if I've lost anything. I was shocked when I went to the doctor this past Mon. to see I'v gained 10 pounds this past year!

Hey Lisa, Welcome to the zoo!!! We are glad you joined our merry band of "losers" !!!

My friend Susan is out of surgery and beginning the long process of recovery. Both physical and emotional. Colon cancer is tough to beat but she is a strong woman in all areas. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear Throwdowners! We are making the rounds of some of the finest area restaurants for our feasting (yes, it's already started!) and Thanksgiving Day will be a fabulous buffet at a restaurant overlooking a lake with some resident gators.. WIll miss having leftover turkey for sandwiches but the Missus deserves not having to cook all day as she has for so many thanksgivings. Lose weight this week -- are you kidding? :Face-Raspberry:

Latest posts

Back