Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 10-24-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to be concered about a cake being grain free Wise - years ago before I went grain free I had a favourite cake cookery book which was full of eastern European cakes which often used ground almonds instead of flour ! Ground almonds are often used in traditional Jewish cakes ! It's really easy to substitute it in lots of recipes.

I'm so glad the recipe turned out so well ! And I'm sure it was the best carrot cake around :) I shall work on what to do instead of dates….probably more almonds :)

Paleogirl;n849687 said:
No need to be concered about a cake being grain free Wise - years ago before I went grain free I had a favourite cake cookery book which was full of eastern European cakes which often used ground almonds instead of flour ! Ground almonds are often used in traditional Jewish cakes ! It's really easy to substitute it in lots of recipes.

I'm so glad the recipe turned out so well ! And I'm sure it was the best carrot cake around :) I shall work on what to do instead of dates….probably more almonds :)

I have used almond flour in other recipes and it's great. I will have to do a search for recipes for traditional Jewish cakes. I'm sure I would like them!

As far as the carrot cake goes, I wonder if you can add unsweetened applesauce in addition to the almonds? I think it might need the moisture. Maybe not.

Latest posts

Back