Cooker's Throwdown Fiday ... 9-27-13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Losers, Gainers and Stay The Samers!! I hope everyone is well and that fall will bring great strides in getting out and getting moving!! I just finished 18 hole and had a great time. First time on the links since dislocating my finger in July. The finger did well but I used back muscles that had not been used and I can tell!!! A hot shower and some Aleve should do the trick.

I'm down one pound for the week. I was surprised because I did have a treat or two this week. How did your week go? Lose some weight? You guys are always so encouraging and it helps me to be held accountable!!

Good to see new members join and as always it's not about the ups or downs but about not giving up. If we stay the course we will all make progress and achieve our goals:thumbup:

2013 Starting Weight: 231
Last Weigh In : 219.00
Todays Weight: 218.00
YTD: 13.0

I am a pound and a half above my "target zone" for 2013, after a huge wedding anniversary splurge -- more to come tomorrow night when my son is taking us to a Brazilian pig-out (at least it'll mostly be protein)....

Maybe will weigh in morning, see if damage is mitigated a bit.

Have a lot of special-cause walks in October -- maybe that'll help. Good time of year for beach-walking, too.

I'm still here - and still at the plateau I created last week. Haven't been as active this week, but I'm encouraged with the outcome of the first physical therapy session. We found that my main problem is lost range-of-motion, primarily front to back movement of my lower back. Big surprise. Therapist feels that I have been compensating by over-bending other joints, thus setting myself up for injury. We will work once per week (with homework assignments) for 8 weeks, focusing on flexibility, range of motion and eventually balancing muscle sets. It all sounds plausible, plus it feels better, so I will happily continue with it.

I'm not as happy with my weight. No change for the week, and the weekend isn't looking too helpful. We're out for dinner Friday and Saturday evenings, then Sunday gets even worse. On Sunday, we have tickets for Gourmet Chicago, which is a gourmet food-fest of demonstrations and tastings from all the top gourmet restaurants and wine cellars of the city's finest gourmet restaurants. Kind of a foodie's vision of "Taste of Chicago." It should be great fun, but probably bad for the numbers.

So, as it stands so far:

Start of year: 164.6

Last week: 158.4
Today: 158.4

For the week: --
Year-to-date: -6.2

I AM going to stay with the program, though, as I still want to stay in the 150's over the winter.

How about the rest of you?

I'm down half a pound from last week, so that's good.

My exercise level has dropped over the week, which is not good. I'm experiencing what I can only imagine is post-surgery issues involving tightness in the chest. It started a couple of weeks ago (3 months or so post op) late in the day when I was fatigued. Now, I wake up with it. Over the counter pain meds help, but I think I should talk to my cardiologist. It's hard to get out there for a run or walk when you feel like you can't breathe, even though you know you can.

-- Suzanne

I'm hanging in, 149.5. All the extra walking with Foster pup may be helping a bit.

Foster pup supposedly has an adopter in Colorado, but we are having problems with for-profit transport companies (rescue is going to pay for it). Good grief! You would not believe it. So we are looking at volunteers now.

I'm hoping we can get a little more info on the adopter so we feel comfortable shipping him off. I'll drive him myself, if I have to (14 hours each way), to get him a good home. I just can't imagine someone agreeing to adopt from pictures, alone. They've not asked us anything about him, and there's so much to tell!! He certainly is not right for everyone - like, no toddlers, please, he's too rambunctious... and mouthy... and heel snappy...when he's not throwing a temper tantrum because we won't let him wrestle Jet on our bed. Typical juvenile dog, but he's big.
Wish us luck.

Laurie, I hope Foster dog finds a good home in Colorado. Suzanne, let us know what the cardiologist thinks about the chest tightness. Do you think it's related to the 5K? Steve, sounds like you're on the right track with the PT. Once again congratulations to Superbob and Mrs. Superbob on your 47th wedding anniversary. DH and I will celebrate 40 in mid-November, and I'm aware of the commitment it takes.
Cooker, what can I say other than I'm glad your finger is back in action!:biggrin2:
I stayed the same for the week. Not good news, not bad news. I did start walking again so that's a plus.
Helloooooooo Wise!:smile2:

I have been snacking a bit and today we have the Monthly Birthday Celebration at church... The finest of Baptist confections will be on hand ................ you know its a sin to hurt someone's feeling ................. so I will sample away and praise the efforts of the good ladies of Crescent Hill Baptist:biggrin2:

[snip]Suzanne, let us know what the cardiologist thinks about the chest tightness. Do you think it's related to the 5K? [snip]

I see the cardiologist tomorrow. I had a quiet weekend and blew off the 5k, which was disappointing. However, the race served its purpose of keeping me on track with my running. I also got an extremely ugly t-shirt ( as far as I am concerned, orange is not the new black). I got a coupon for a restaurant we like, but skipped the pancakes!

I hope whatever is going on is not related to over exertion through running or walking. The sensation doesn't seem to be related,it who knows?

Have a great week everyone! -- Suzanne

Latest posts

Back