Convinced My Tissue Valve has FAILED

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is interesting......like i said, my echos after surgery were great. when i went home i had a straight month of a fever. now this crappy echo? i wonder if there is a connection there..........

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about your valve area being related to your post op fevers. IF your fevers were caused by an infection, especially one that could damage your valve, they wouldn't go away with out antibiotics, usually pretty strong ones for weeks. You would probably would still feel pretty bad beside the fever.
I AM very glad that you are pushing for answers from your doctors tho, I'm glad you got some answers and a pretty good explaination.

maibu82

I have been kind of following along, but some of your issues are like a low flying jet. No doubt I will learn as I go. About the only support I could give you, would perhaps be a clown at your daughters next birthday. LOL!

Your a cutie-pie and I wish you and your growing Fam the best!

thank you lyn! that is a great point...

i do believe they did test me for bacterial problems during that month of fevers, the blood tests never showed anything....

and hey, a clown would work! thanks!

I just found this thread and have a few thoughts and a question.

The first one - about 'light-headedness.' In my case, I was getting a kind of a light-headed, confused thing happening to me. It sometimes comes on suddenly and is distracting and troubling, to say the least. I finally realized that, in my case, this wasn't related to anything other than sinus or allergies. It had nothing to do with my valve. What helped me resolve these symptoms was Claritin. There was another medication that I took instead of claritin - I'm not sure if it was Zyrtec or Benadryl or Sudafed - but these meds DID help clear my head. Is it possible that this could be what's effecting your head?

Regarding pregnancy - I'm wondering about the issues with pregnancy and mechanical valves. Is the problem something that arises while CARRYING the fetus to full term? Is it something related to labor and delivery? If it's just the delivery that's the major risk -- did you consider caesarean? Just a thought. I honestly do NOT know the issues of pregnancy and mechanical valves.

Good luck to you. I hope that they determine that your valve is fine, and that the answer to your light-headedness is simple.

I just found this thread and have a few thoughts and a question.

The first one - about 'light-headedness.' In my case, I was getting a kind of a light-headed, confused thing happening to me. It sometimes comes on suddenly and is distracting and troubling, to say the least. I finally realized that, in my case, this wasn't related to anything other than sinus or allergies. It had nothing to do with my valve. What helped me resolve these symptoms was Claritin. There was another medication that I took instead of claritin - I'm not sure if it was Zyrtec or Benadryl or Sudafed - but these meds DID help clear my head. Is it possible that this could be what's effecting your head?

Regarding pregnancy - I'm wondering about the issues with pregnancy and mechanical valves. Is the problem something that arises while CARRYING the fetus to full term? Is it something related to labor and delivery? If it's just the delivery that's the major risk -- did you consider caesarean? Just a thought. I honestly do NOT know the issues of pregnancy and mechanical valves.

Good luck to you. I hope that they determine that your valve is fine, and that the answer to your light-headedness is simple.

Malibu has a tissue valve, but to answer your question about mech valves and pregnancy..it really isn't reccomended. One of the main reason tissue valves are recomended for younger people is woman who want to have a baby or more babies
Anticoagulation makes it dangerous for both the baby and mother. Coumadin can cause pretty bad birth defects and there also is chances of clots. Some ways of doing it, coumadin part of the pregnancy, lovenox others, coumadin thru out ect can try to make it safer and some people do well and have no problems but many others have horrible life threatning times, EVEN when followed by MANY of the "best" high risk OBs and cards with experience. Do a search here,for pregnancy coumadin, one person that had 2 pregnancies who did everything the safest way possible, spent alot of time in the hospital and still had problems is "willow" but there are a few threads about it

Latest posts

Back