Coming back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoMom

Hi all,

I was a member a few years ago but can't remember my login and my e-mail address is changed.

I'm scheduled to have my aortic valve and part of my aorta replaced in 2 weeks, also possibly replacing mitral again. I'll opt for mechanical valves as I'm a lifelong coumadin user now anyway.

It's good to be back, but the reason is not. I'm hoping for a complications-free surgery this time around. I had my fair share of those last time.

Good luck with your "valve job." It's supposed to be easier the second time around, plus there is less "fear of the unknown."

Its good to hear from you sorry for the reason
How are the kids?

Thanks Lyn.

The kids are good. The oldest is 7 and she upset by everything. The middle is 5 and not bothered. He just kept telling me he loved me on the phone when I was in hospital. The baby is 20 months and she was mad at me when she came to visit last week. She hit me when she saw me first, ran to daddy and then came back and hugged me. Last time out I only had the oldest and she was 6 months old so had no idea what was happening. I've explained to the older two that mommy's heart is sick and they're going to take out bad bits and put in good bits. I'll be tired and sick for a while, but then be really really strong.

It is so tough on them!

After I got out of ICU, I had to lure my 18-month old with candy like a child molester to even get him to come over to me, he was so mad. Hope all goes smoothly as possible and you don't have to be away from your kids for too long.

Back