Colonoscopy anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had one colonoscopy and I'll be due in 2 years for another. I am so glad to hear I don't have to go off my coumadin as I was worried about it.

My husband went for his first colonoscopy a few years ago on the recommendation of a friend of his (who had colon cancer which was found late). They found cancer and my husband had surgery a month later and they got it all. It freaked us both out as we didn't expect it!
His friend passed away last fall. He is responsible for maybe a hundred guys getting a colonoscopy.

The prep is a non-event really -- it strikes me funny -- Gatorade and what? We Canadians don't have a choice - do we Bina? Is there a goat milk and maple syrup concoction?

YUCK! the prep is worse than the test. be sur you get your IV antibiotics before the test. some MD'S no longer favor this approach but, it is not their heart that can be damaged! we all must be proactve where our heart health is concerned.

Lettitia

YUCK! the prep is worse than the test. be sur you get your IV antibiotics before the test. some MD'S no longer favor this approach but, it is not their heart that can be damaged! we all must be proactve where our heart health is concerned.

Lettitia

I could be wrong, but I believe that AHA no longer recommends antibiotics for colonoscopies.
That being said, I bugged my GI doc for an IV of antibiotics during my last c-scope, and he said it wasn't necessary. He said I could take oral meds if I wanted, just as before a dental. So, I did.

Latest posts

Back