coaguchek

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cookie

I was wondering if anyone has any info on acquiring a home testing machine from Coaguchek. My pharmacist uses this machine and thinks highly of it and it doesn't take as much blood as the ProTime. Any onfo would be appreciated. Can't find a web site for Coaguchek, just related articles.:)

Re: Coaguchek Info

Re: Coaguchek Info

This is the monitor that I have used for three years. It has worked well and saved me countless hours and arm sticks.
It is made by Roche(Boerhinger Mannheim). Unfortunately the last I heard it is now sold only to doctors offices or labs.Go to roche.com for more info. It may be coming back on to the market for individual patients.

Hi Cookie,

I just wanted to relay some new information regarding the ProTime Units.

I understand that they have a new model that does not require the larger blood sample that the unit used to require.

Also, I believe that those of us that have the older units can have them fitted with the newer sampling mechanism, for a cost of course.

Personally, I am not having any problem with obtaining my blood sample for the Protime. I was at first and think it was caused mainly from me being new to using it, and also a good case of nervousness about it.

Maybe Lance or someone from QAS can provide more information on this new model.

Happy Holidays,

Rob

As Marty stated, the Coaguchek is no longer available in the states. Though, medical professionals can still obtain units for office/lab practices.

There is a new model 'Coaguchek S 'available for those residing overseas. I am sure Roche will understand the need here in the states. Pulling the US market boiled down to insurance issues...and they 'Roche' got tired of dealing with reimbursements.

As a Coaguchek owner....I am thrilled with my unit.
Did have some concerns when trying the Protime. Could not get the cuevet filled in time. This swayed my decision towards the Coaguchek. Like anything, you will be comfortable with it in time. Just personal preference.

Coagucheks

Coagucheks

Roche told me that Coagucheks should be available to the public in the U.S. towards the end of Feb. 2002.

Below is their quote taken from some correspondence between Roche amd myself.

..."come the end of February we will have a new program up and running for people who wish to purchase the machines for home use. "

I just knew it!

I just knew it!

Did not take Roche very long to figure out it is in their best interest to continue to sell and market the Coaguchek in the US. I beleive Medicare is coveing these units now...hence the change of heart?

Life would be much different without my Coaguchek. Would not trade it for the world! Well, maybe Exantra;)

Coaguchek

Coaguchek

Thank you all for the info. When I have my blood tested my Pharmacist uses Coaguchek and it is soooo easy! I could handle that. Here's hoping Roche decides to come back to the US.

I think Roche needed time to regroup on the CoaguChek issue. One of their people told me that they budgeted their program based on their diabetes blood testing. What they found out was that warfarin patients called customer support so much more often than diabetics that they could not afford to keep the program running.

Latest posts

Back