coaguchek and airplane travel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have traveled through Europe, Mexico, Africa and the States and have never been asked for any documents. I leave it in my carry on bag when i go through security but i keep my prescription and receipt with it just in case they ask what it's for.

When I went to the UK I contacted the airline for advice to be told that medical equipment is allowed and it was in my carry on. No problem at all.

I take my InRatio2 monitor with me in my carry-on bag and have never been questioned.

No problem for me travelling with my Coaguchek recently through various airports in Canada and the U.S. Be sure to keep it with you in your carry-on bag, not in your checked luggage, as extreme temperatures can damage the machine.

Same here...travelling with it without any problems. If you can take other electronic equipment (laptops, camera's) on board, what should be the reason that you cannot take your lifesaving coagucheck with you?

I had them open my bag once, look at the machine and say 'blood test?' I said yes, even though I knew that they were assuming blood glucose. Makes no difference to me what they think it is. I've been through security at least 40 or 50 times in the last 3.5 years with no trouble. They recognize it as a medical device. If you're ever questioned, just politely tell them what it cost, what the possible consequences are of not having it, and that it cannot ride in an unheated baggage hold because the LCD will freeze and crack, not to mention whatever internal vulnerabilities it may have.
You've probably discovered this already, since you posted so long ago, but I thought I'd answer in case anyone is ever looking back at the thread.

I only had one issue with my meter and travel. It had nothing to do with airport screening, customs, or any of that stuff. I packed a ProTime 3 meter in my luggage (because it was the one I would miss the least, should something happen to it). Unfortunately, I didn't have a good case for it, and the pressure of the meter against other bags turned the meter on - and seemed to keep it turned on. When I got to my destination, the battery was almost fully discharged and I wasn't able to run a test. Next time, for short trips, I personally wouldn't even bother.

Latest posts

Back