coagcheck xs vs inratio2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

any thoughts on what the difference is between these machines for an av replacement ?

Both monitors are the newer versions and work great.
I have the Coaguchek XS

Training is fast and simple.
Testing takes a few minutes.
Only one good drop of blood from a finger tip is needed.
Very portable, mine came with a zippered travel/storage case.
Built in quality controls in the monitor and test strips.
Long battery life. I've had mine for 2 years.
Here in Canada, great customer service directly with Roche Diagnostics.

picture.php

I took my INRatio to the lab to compare it against the docs Coaguchek XS. They were within .1 of each other and who's to say my INR was not closer to the standard. It all seems to be a relative indication anyway just to get you in the ball park.

Flip a quarter and call heads or tails in the air.

I have the original first model INRatio and love it.

I have the INRatio2 and love it. I don't think you will go wrong with either model. I'm not sure about the CoaguChek, but for the INRation2, you don't need to worry about refrigerating the test strips. With my old Protime monitor, that was always a big concern.

I have the INRatio2. Probably either meter is about the same.

I will pass on what the trainer that delivered my meter told me. She made the comment, that if I had got the Coaguchek meter, that the training would been twice as long. She also said in her job at a Cardiologist Clinic she used a Coaguchek and been using the same meter for 6 years.
She was paid by QAS and gave training for both meters.

Again, before anyone starts jumping up and down... just passing on what the lady said. ;)

I will pass on what the trainer that delivered my meter told me. She made the comment, that if I had got the Coaguchek meter, that the training would been twice as long. She also said in her job at a Cardiologist Clinic she used a Coaguchek and been using the same meter for 6 years.

Again, before anyone starts jumping up and down... just passing on what the lady said. ;)

:) Yes, I will start jumping up and down, olefin/Dayton likes it.:)
The NEW Coaguchek XS is the SAME as the INRatio2....same training required.

Awwwww Dayton, really -- "twice as long"...??? :eek: QAS sent the meter to the nurse trainer in Austin and she drove down to introduce me to the new little CoaguChek XS. I've used CoaguCheks since 1999, so not a lot of training going on. She was well versed on warfarin, silzone valves, etc. The trainers are required to be registered nurses, so we had a good visit. She did tell me that quite a few of the machines are returned due to the elderly not being capable of using them..:( so I told her that I was "elderly"......:rolleyes::D

Megan - either machine will work for you.

Maybe you didn't read my words?

And she does train people on both meters. I don't see a reason why she would have wanted to make that statement unless it's true. ;)

Dayton, did you see that purple elephant fly by too? :)

Megan,
Both the Coaguchek XS and the INRatio 2 require one drop of blood and 3 minutes to perform an accurate test.
End of story.

Both monitors are the newer versions and work great.
I have the Coaguchek XS

Training is fast and simple.
Testing takes a few minutes.
Only one good drop of blood from a finger tip is needed.
Very portable, mine came with a zippered travel/storage case.
Built in quality controls in the monitor and test strips.
Long battery life. I've had mine for 2 years.
Here in Canada, great customer service directly with Roche Diagnostics.

picture.php

Hey Bina give me my machine back,how'd you get it??;);):D
May i add if you accidently drop your strip testers under running water
Roche Diagnostics will replace them for free,just say (Deb said so) cus she;s been there ,done that:eek:

zipper2(DEB)

anticoagulation monitor

anticoagulation monitor

after 22 yrs of lab draws, i am trying to get a monitor....any advice for getting the insurance company to pay for part of it???????? thanks

after 22 yrs of lab draws, i am trying to get a monitor....any advice for getting the insurance company to pay for part of it???????? thanks

Robbie -- give QAS a ring and ask to speak to Brandi. She knows how to get it done.

And Dayton old boy...you leave my girlfriend Bina alone. Bina, you gotta watch those ornery West Texas boys..:D

Latest posts

Back