Click,Click,Click….I just made my first year !!!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilman

On this day, Nov 28th last year, I was rolled into the ER and given a shiny new On-X Aorta valve and graft. Life has changed for me, for the better, I am more conscious of my exercise and diet once again. I am still down 25 lbs since my surgery and feeling like I have way more energy to burn. The cardio rehab was good for me to get back on track.

My INR has been a walk in the park, with self testing. I still take Metropolol at the same dose and the low dose aspirin, but will talk to Cardio with next appointment/check up this spring about backing off the metropolol. The old heart gives a little flip flop now and then, but nothing that lasts anytime at all. I have learned not to be so alarmed with it now, it has been checked with a holter monitor, and all is fine.

I’m very grateful to have had this life saving procedure, I’m grateful for the talent of the surgeon and his team. I’m especially grateful for VR.org; this site is a wonderful community, with caring people. No others could have possibly known what this experience is like, except the ones who walked before me.

Today I’m busy being a father and husband, and enjoying life once again. Next party, Xmas in Vegas….

Doug

Congratulations Doug! I know that I really felt I had turned a corner last month when I hit the first anniversary (or rebirthday as I like to call it). All the anniversaries are pretty much behind me now; falling ill, entering hospital, surgery, getting home from the hospital. I kind of feel like that page has turned and I'm truly getting on with life now, and not looking quite so much in the rear view mirror. Have a good time in Vegas!

Latest posts

Back