Cleveland Clinic experiences

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyz

I am planning on going to the Cleveland Clinic for an examination, tests, diagnosis and surgery if recommended. My local cardiologist's diagnosis is Aortic Valve stenosis, severe but he is not taking any action. I had a TIA on May 30 2016 and subsequently had two episodes of weakness causing me to fall. In the first episode I fainted so I am scared that waiting is not the answer. Cleveland is a 6 hour drive from my home so I want to get as much done as possible in one to two days.
My question is: Have any forum members had experience with the Cleveland Clinic and can they offer recommendations ?

I'm sure that some members with first hand experience will be along shortly, but from my research, you won't find a better place to deal with your stenosis than Cleveland Clinic. IIRC, they continue to be #1 rated in the country for heart care. I just can't supply any specifics, as I have another highly rated heart center just 15 miles from home.

I went to the Cleveland Clinic for my aortic valve replacement and root repair. My surgeon was Dr. Sabik. It was a fantastic experience. The campus is easy to navigate and there are places to stay close for family. We stayed at the Intercontinental, which has direct access to the hospital via a walkway. It was a bit pricey, but proved to be super convenient for my family while I was there. The patient rooms were nice and include a fold out bed in case you have someone that can stay with you. I highly recommend the CC and if I ever needed to, I would go there again without pause. They are REALLY good at what they do. I took an Amtrak from here in Denver (my wife doesn't like to fly) and then we drove back after I was released. It took a few days, but it wasn't too bad. Once you arrive at the clinic, I think you will realize that it's the place for you. Top notch staff and facility. Good luck to you. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions.

Tom

Latest posts

Back