Christopher Miller Crawford December 24, 1942 to September 21, 2007

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

On Friday, September 21, 2007, Christopher Miller Crawford, passed away. He fought a battle with heart disease and with early intervention was able to gain and maintain control over it. Unfortunately, he was then diagnosed with lung cancer that spread to many parts of his body, namely his head. He succumbed to this terrible disease despite his heroic fight and courage. He will be missed and always loved.

We will be having a visitation at two locations, one near my parent’s home in Coal City, Indiana for friends that live in that region. The other visitation will be near my father’s childhood home in Petersburg, IN for family and friends closer to that location. His final burial place will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Campbelltown, IN.

Crawford, Christopher M.
September 26, 2007

Christopher Miller Crawford 64, Coal City, Indiana, died September 21, 2007. He was born in Indianapolis, IN on December 24, 1942 to Willard John Crawford III and Beryl Jane Blossom. Service will be Wednesday September 26, 2007 at 1:00 P.M. in Doyle Funeral Home, located at 520 S. Main St. Princeton, IN. Interment: Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Winslow, Indiana. Visitation will be in Worthington, IN at the Welch Cornett Funeral Home Located at 23 S. Jefferson St., Worthington, IN on Tuesday September 25, 2007 from 5:00 until 7:00 P.M. with local visitation being at Doyle Funeral Home located at 520 S. Main St., Princeton, IN on Wednesday September 26, 2007 from 10:00 A.M. until time of service at 1:00 P.M. Survivors include wife, Phyllis Ann Corn; son, John Crawford of Arden, NC and Andrew (Dawn) Crawford of Lafayette, IN; daughters, Anne (Edward) Tasch of Austin, TX and Jane (Louis) Janeira of Zionsville, IN; brothers, Peter B. Crawford who precedes; nieces and nephews, Loren Lee Crawford, Willard J. Crawford and Peggy Crawford as well as other nieces and nephews whom were very special to Chris; grandchildren, Michael, Megan and Katie Crawford and Ellie Janeira; great-grandchildren. He was Vice President of Administrative Services at Indiana Gas Company since 1965, retiring in 1997 Chris was involved in not for profit activities for many years. He was Chairman of the Arsenal Tech Advisory committee and chair for the Eagle Creek Park Foundation. He was also the founder and first chair of the Indianapolis Canoe Racing Council, and a board member of the Crossroads Rehabilitation Center where he also served as first chair of the 24 hour relay, a fund raising event that raised about $100,000 per year for the five years he managed the event. In his role at the Indianapolis Canoe Racing Council, he led the group through a series of Olympic events until they became the premier event group in the country. This group hosted the 1987 Pan Am Games, a variety of regional trials, and the 1988 Olympic team trials. Chris was the Chief Official for many races including the 1992 Olympic Team trials, and was the Technical Organizer for the 1998 Hemispheric team trials. During his time on the Board of Directors of the United States Canoe and Kayak Team, he served as the national Event Chairman. Chris's hobbies include Scuba diving, woodworking, music, genealogy and upland bird hunting. Family suggest memorials may be made to any of the following: I.U. School of Medicine Office of Gift Development, Thoracic Oncology Program Fund 1110 W. Michigan St. LO 506 Indianapolis, IN 46202-5100 Easter Seals Crossroads Rehabilitation Center, Indianapolis, IN 46201 American Heart Association 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231 Purdue University Cancer Ctr. Purdue Research Foundation 403 W. Wood St. West Lafayette, IN 47907-2007 Doyle Funeral Home, Princeton, IN is in charge of arrangements and for further information contact Doyle Funeral Home at 812-385-4334.

I am so sorry to hear this, I had been wondering about Chris, hadn't heard from him for awhile.
Chris had his surgery 2 days after me in 2003.
His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to read this, Ross. Our sincerest sympathy to his family and friends.

I remember when Chris first joined us. We had many a good laughs together. He sort of migrated away from us, but kept in contact with me. His farmland and furniture construction were just a couple of his loves in life. I would have liked to have gotten some furniture hand made from him. It just never came to be. I feel bad because I lost one friend to cancer this year already and when Chris told me he had it too, I slacked off in communicating with him fearing this days news. I should never have done that. The news came anyway and I missed some opportunites for friendship. Yes he will be missed more then he could imagine.

I too am very sorry to hear that Chris has passed on. I hope the memories his friends and family share will sustain them through this very difficult time.

I had no idea he was so sick. This is very sad news to read. He was a very warm person and he will be missed. My prayers go to his family.

What a shame! My deepest sympathies to his family. He was a very frequent member of VR.com for many years. I wondered what happened to him. He will be missed here too.

God Bless you Chris

Thank you for letting us know, Ross.

My sympathies to his family and loved ones. He always was a clever, warm and gracious member of this community.

Marguerite

I always enjoyed my "battles" with Chris. We disagreed on a lot of things but he was never disagreeable. He was one of the early purchasers of my book.

On occasion I had tried to call him but was never able to get an answer. I feared that this was coming.

It brought an extra lump to my throat to read that the funeral home is in Worthington, Indiana. That town was named for my mother's ancestors (well mine too!)

I lost a friend but I hope he will welcome me when my time comes.

Sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

I too am so sorry to hear this. Chris' daughter married his cardiologist and they vacationed together down in Cancun. We used to laugh together about some of our common experiences down there. I'll have him in loving memory in my heart as well as on this board.

I am so sorry to read this..Yes, Chris was very active for 2 1/2 years on VR.Com...Many of his posts were on Small Talk...talking about family, the beauty of nature, birds, ect....I went back to view some of them..and noticed that it has been almost a year..since he last viewed VR.Com..........He/I use to e-mail jokes (clean ones)......With so many new members , ect..I just forgot about him.........Glad to see where Ross/Al did keep in touch......Prayers to his family..Bonnie

I also had no idea

I also had no idea

he had been so sick. I am so very sorry to read of his passing. All of my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family during this time.

Gail

This is so sad!

This is so sad!

I was so shocked and saddened to read this! He posted such kind encouragement to so many!
My deepest sympathies to his family.

Latest posts

Back