Cholesterol Drugs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bradley White said:
Susan,

Sorry, I should not have used such harsh language. I let my frustration on this subject get the better of me. Please do post the results of your follow-up regardless of the outcome.

Brad
RESULTS as of today during my annual cardiologist appointment (and I was not expecting a cholesterol test and had just consumed a cheeseburger and half order of french fries in the hospital cafeteria):

LDL came down 44 points with diet alone since my post in April :D !!!
HDL came down eight points. I'm so excited with the results!

This was my plan, as copied and pasted from earlier in this thread: "Anyway, to appease my well-meaning doctor, I'm going to try to reduce mine by my six week recheck, but by eating raw almonds and flax meal and garlic and more whole grains and more raw vegetables and more beans and more low fat milk products and by cutting back on all that fried stuff that I like to eat. (edit - I'm also going to drink some green tea every day.) If my test comes out dramatically better, I'll post the results."

I didn't do all of that though. I cut out bacon and cut back on butter and began eating a breakfast toast that is made from several sprouted grains called Ezekiel-something. (It's pretty good but also pretty dry without butter so I put a blob of raspberry jam on the toast.) I had tried several other "health" breads first but the one I settled on made me feel good after I ate it; it felt substantial and says on the package it's nearly a whole protein or something aruther. I cut way back on fried foods and ate more raw carrots and ate cottage cheese and ate yogurt with healthy grain cereals stirred in and I took a couple of Kyolic garlic capsules everyday with lecithin in them and drank a lot more green tea. I ate lots of almonds in every form, about 30 raw almonds each day or snacked on them in another form, and drank lots of water. I cut back on sweet things also but put raw sugar in my green tea. Right away, within several weeks, I dropped nearly 10 pounds so that was a happy bonus! And I felt better within days of beginning the changes!

Sorry - that's probably way too much detail - but some thing or some things in that paragraph really helped me.

Keeping an open mind on cholesterol and statins

Keeping an open mind on cholesterol and statins

Hi to all
don't have high cholesterol but have read from time to time how some doctors believe that statin drugs may help bicuspid aortic valves from becoming calkcified and stenoic. I don't have high cholesterol but do have a BAV which is going fine so far . I have read a lot about natural ways of keeping cholesterol levels under control. It is often stated that the longest living people often have the highest cholesterol levels ,that is the ratio of good to bad cholesterol is important rather than total cholesterol counts and that it is LPA that blocks arteries rather than cholesterol with elevated cholesterol being the symtpon rather than the cause of clogged arteries.For those who might be interested Linus Pauling (American scientist and winner of the Nobel Prize) suggested a theory of heart disease and proposed an orthomolecular cure.Anyway his theory seems to make sense to me. I'm not trying to convince anyone to give up medication or not to follow their doctors' advice however I'm just suggesting one should keep an open mind - sometimes things that seemed a good idea at the time such as statin drugs with the benefit of hindsight turn out to be not so good. The website mentioned earlier i.e. Dr Mercola's has been of great personal benefit to myself and you are able to subscribe to a twice weekly newslater and have access to many articles.Basically we need to take responsibility for our own health read a lot and don't be to quick to believe everything we are told as drug companies and sometimes doctors have agendas we are not privvy too.

Latest posts

Back