Chicago Area Get Together

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cort,Perry, Gina, andf Steve,

I wasn't ignoring you. Monday I got a few things straightened out but to confirm answers to my questions was not one of them. I go see my cardio's head nurse next Tuesday on Nove 6th. She will answer my questions. I'm scheduled to see my cardio on Nov 26th. It appears if I have any real issues, like more pain, palpitations, reactions to the drugs, I need to head back to ER. Seems crazy to me but I guess their offices are so busy with scheduled appts, they don't have time to take in unscheduled visits in the office. I guess that's what ER is for. That really aggravates me.

I did go for my INR yesterday and it was 2.6. That worries me. I'm already taking 9.5 mg a day. My lifestyle has changed in the last week though. So have my eating habits. I always drank a couple of lite beers at night (my beverage of choice for the evening). I beleive that helped to keep my INr a little higher. Guess I need to put more garlic in my food! Not too much, just enough! Since I'm at home and not working those long hours, I have time to take a half hour walk twice a day. I go back for another INR in two weeks.

The meds are still doing a number on me but we'll address that next week. I am driving some locally since no one told me not to. But I don't drive if it's after I've taken my meds. I would like to shoot for that second week in Nov, if it's still open for everyone. I believe you mentioned that date Cort. I'll keep you posted how I'm adjusting to my meds in the two weeks time.

Perry: It is good to see you post. I'm like Gina, I normally don't get a chance to post alot. I only can now, cause I'll be home for a while.

It would be great to see all of you. Perry, ditto telling Kathie Hi!

Cort: BTW: Sorry you're a cell phone junkie. I seriously think that's part of what brought on my heart attack. I can't stand rude or inattentive cell phone users, and I would get so aggravated and could feel my blood pressure rising! Remember: I commute. I don't want to use an Ipod because I also don't beleive you should block out the world, when your commutting. I want to be aware of what's going on around me.

Lorraine...I am surprised Midwest could not get you in. :confused: They have many many docs. Along with multiple offices. You could try another affilated office I am certain. I have not had issues that would bring me in for other than my yearly. Knock on wood! :D Would be very concerning if I could not get a follow up after a hospital admission! Call back and put your foot down! You should not have to sit around and fret. Last thing you need.

I would be a tentative maybe for the second weekend of Nov. Which is next weekend. Sat is out for certain. May be able to make Sunday? Will not know more until mid next week. Go with the majority....I will follow.:)

Lorraine said:
Cort: BTW: Sorry you're a cell phone junkie. I seriously think that's part of what brought on my heart attack. I can't stand rude or inattentive cell phone users, and I would get so aggravated and could feel my blood pressure rising! Remember: I commute. I don't want to use an Ipod because I also don't beleive you should block out the world, when your commutting. I want to be aware of what's going on around me.

Same here ... I don't have an iPod either ;).

And, I wouldn't say I'm a "cell phone junkie"....it's just that the cell phone is the only phone I have and use.... I'm actually not on the phone much at all...except, of course, when trying to make plans or on my road trips ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Back in 1876 an old boy named Bell invented a contraption that we know so well" ... Reba McEntire ... 'Why Haven't I Heard From You?'

Latest posts

Back