Chicago Area Get Together

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi,

I decided to retire the thread that had my birthday wishes on it, that also became our Chicago get together thread near the end of it. Our Meeting Place was
going to be Gino's East in Rolling Meadows at noon.

I would like to change that to:

The Assembly American Bar & Cafe
2570 Hassell Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60195
Phone: (847) 843-3993

It's right next to I90 off of Barrington Rd on Hassell Rd.

If that would be okay with everyone I would appreciate it. I'm a little shaken by what happened to me this past week and though I still want to get together with those that can make it, I would rather go to a place I have already been to, rather than have to find Gino's East. I don't want to cancel since as we all said, as it gets closer and closer to the holidays it will be harder and harder to find time to get together. Let me know what you think. This would be for Sunday, Oct 28th, at noon. Steve, Cort, Gina, Perry, Danielle, anyone else that's local that's interested.

Lorraine,

That is fine by me.

Let's see ... is that anywhere near the Mill Rose Restaurant? Or, am I thinking of a different road?

I'm sorry about whatever shook you this week...thoughts/prayers coming your way, of course.

BTW ... my cell# has not changed....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The more things change the more they stay the same" ... Kenny Chesney ... 'Summertime'

It's on the south side of I90 not the north side. Us old timers just always called it The Assembly. Hope you can make it. Let me know if I need to call you. I still have your cell even if I did screw the whole thing up last time. Sorry! I'll do better this time. Promise.

I'm still going to give it that old vr.com try! We are bringing my mother-in-law home from rehab on Sunday, but hopefully the girls can handle it for a while.

Still keeping you in our prayers, Lorraine!

Hi Everyone,

Hope were all still on for tomorrow. I was thinking of bailing because all these frickin meds are making me dizzy.

I'm figuring if I take them early enough, I should be okay by the time we meet amd then eat something. I should be pretty safe driving back home.

See everyone at The Assembly. I made reservations under my name.

Still planning on it. BUT....if you are not ok Lorraine we will reschedule! Health first. I will keep checking the thread for updates.:)

LUVMyBirman said:
BUT....if you are not ok Lorraine we will reschedule! Health first.

Amen.

I, too, hope to be there. Course, I haven't been getting up very early on weekend mornings, so this will be a challenge to see if I make it by noon ;). he he

Even so ... I echo Gina's comments. Let us know. And, yes, Lorraine ... best give me a call if I'm not there by noon ;).

"Lately I've been thinking I should move away" ... Eddy Money ... 'I'll Get By'

I just took all my morning pills! I will post at 10:30 to let you all know if I'm able to make it, based on if I'm feeling dizzy or not. The way I plan to go, I think I'll be fine. Not much traffic until I turn onto Barrington road. Then I only have a few blocks or so to drive before I turn and the restaurant is right there!

Cort: Wait! You're the one that said NOON would be the best time! You better make it. Carol is coming too. You and her can discuss the cubs not making it. Be gentle with her, she's a real diehard Cubs fan.:D

Lorraine -

Let's reschedule. Really don't like the thought of you driving if you are not feeling well! We will find another time soon. Same place. Good location for all I think! We can work on the deails later.

:D Gina,

I concede! I'm feeling fine right now but I agree, I may not know how my impairment may be on that long of a drive. It's about 23-23 miles. I did drive to The Squire last night and I was fine. I didn't take my evening Lopressor until I returned home after dinner. I then went right to bed. It probably is too soo, but I'm a stubborn Irish and German! I guess I was just trying to get my life back to normal as quickly as possible. I love to drive and I really wanted to get together. we will put it on hold.

Can you get a hold of Steve? I'll call Cort and wake him up and tell him he can go back to sleep cause we cancelled!:D

Lets see if maybe in two weeks might be okay. Let me know.

Cort: I got a new phone this summer and for whatever reason your number didn't tranfer over correctly. Call me or pm me so I can get your # again. I sure hope you look at the forum before you head out to Schaumburg! You too Steve since I can't find you number either. Gina says she doesn't have it.

I called Gina after I posted. I know she did have my best interest at heart by cancelling for me. :) I was being stubborn and just wanted to be with some of my vr.com family even though I probably wasn't thinking about the effect of driving too clearly with all these new meds. Good Call Gina! Thank you!:)

On the one hand, I'm sad we are cancelling ... because I am, actually, ready to head out the door now. But, on the other hand, kinda glad ... because with this GORGEOUS SUNNY weather ... I can go drive my older 4 MCs for MOST of the afternoon ... after I go ahead and take care of a few minor things around here ;). he he.

Lorraine ... I left you a Voice Mail message. And, I did call Steve ... he was in the middle of something (sorry, Steve!) but I told him we were cancelling. If I heard him correctly, though, he wouldn't have been able to make it anyway....

Looking ahead ... November is a bit dicey. Next weekend (Nov 3-4) is out for me. The following is open now ... either day. The last 2 weekends in November are out ... with the last one being because I'll be in North Carolina by then ;).

December has a few open possibilities ... Dec 1-2 is no, I'll be getting home that weekend, plus our annual Christmas Open House is that Saturday (Dec 1) ... those of you in the area ARE INVITED if you wish to join us.

Dec 9 is a possibility...as is Dec 16.

*sighs*

I hate schedules that allow for little "wiggle room" to add something else ... but, that "little wiggle room" also means that we are busy ... and are LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ... something like that.

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

Crud ... Lorraine ... I just realized I never returned your phone call today. I apologize. I'll try to call you sometime this week or next weekend.

I think my "bummed" nature this afternoon led to my not remembering to call you back ... couldn't get the older 4 MCs out today after all ... 2 freekin' nice weekends in a row that they haven't been out to play ... aye :(.

BTW ... along with the dates and things I noted above ... Chicagolanders, check out this post (I'm updating it tonight) for possibilities...:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22695

"Wouldn't that be something?" ... Finger 11 ... '1 Thing'

Hi Cort,

That was okay. It's a good thing we cancelled. It's weird because as it turned out, instead of feeling dizzy when I thought I would, I started feeling dizzy around the time we all would have met. I do plan to talk to the doctor today and see how long it's going to take my body to adjust to the dizziness from the meds.

I agree it was a beautiful day. Sorry you take your girls out! It was a great day to cruise!

Yeah, feel free to give me a call. Call the house phone because I am not a cell phone junkie. I hardly ever have it on. To me a cell phone is for emergencies, like when I'm on a road trip or traveling back and forth to work in case I have a problem. At home I never have it on and when commuting I only turn it on to check messages. I generally will wait until I get home to answer a call, as not to annoy others in my commute. Talk to you soon.

Lorraine said:
I agree it was a beautiful day. Sorry you take your girls out! It was a great day to cruise!

Yeah yeah yeah ... don't rub it in ;). he he

Hmm...unlike you, I use my cell phone ALL THE TIME ;). But, that's fine ... I'll try to call you some evening this week, or better yet, perhaps over the weekend.

What did your doctor say today?

"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" ... Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady'

Get Together...Whenever You're Ready

Get Together...Whenever You're Ready

Golf season is finally over! I'll be watching for a re-scheduling of the local "gathering of valvers" and hopefully even join you!

PerryA

Hi Perry! Yes, great to see you stop by. Don't really have the time to keep up with the board as much as I would like. :(

Agree.....we do need to come up with a local plan that works. Will leave that up to LoRain...when she is back in the saddle.;)

Say hello to Kathie. Hope you are both well.:)

Lorraine - Keep us posted on your progress and let us know when you are up to getting out again. I'll try my best to keep whatever date we set.

Perry - How the heck are ya? Been to PF Chang's lately? (We go there every month or so. . . )

Later, folks!

Back