Chest pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradvo

I have a question about pain.

Before I was diagnosed with a failing aortic valve I had a pain that shot from shoulder to shoulder across my chest. It did not last long but long enough to get my attention.
With the pain I got some dizziness and felt like I need to sit down. Within a minute I was ok. I did not get the heavy chest feeling, no pain down my left arm but my left shoulder always hurts due to rotary ligament .
I was walking a flight of stairs at the time. This is what got me to the doc for EKG then the cardiologist who found the bad aortic valve.

A couple weeks ago same thing, except this time no exertion climbing stairs, I was going down, but did not feel pain until walking the hallway of my house. This one felt worse and thought I was going to black out. But like before a minute later I'm OK .

I asked the surgeon about these episodes and if it was related to heart valve, he couldn't say for sure.

My question is " have you experienced anything like what I described "
Thanks
Brad

Brad,

I have never had any "chest pain". I stab or sharp poke pain now and then but most likely indigestion or gas. I'm just glad your docs are aware of it. Keep in close contact with them and report anything that concerns you....

Have your talked to your cardio doc about this pain? You should have the cardio check it out, the surgeon does surgery. Please get in touch with the cardio and get it checked out. Hugs for today.

I have had "chest pain" for years and thought it was a million other things. I cant say every instance of "pain" in the arm/chest/neck/jaw was angina but months up to before surgery these pains were getting worse and most of the time would happen when I was just sitting. They didn't seem to get worse with exercise it was weird. One Cardio told me that if I was having angina I would know but he was wrong because it wasn't severe enough to make me run to the emergency room. He thought I was over reacting, in fact two cardios told me that, that I wasn't having angina and didn't know what those "pains" were coming from. Here I am 3 months after surgery and I haven't had those "pains" or sensations since. Looking back I've had similar pains even when I was 18 years old, just less severe I would shrug them off, as time went on they got worse to the point where I started to tell someone. To be honest I probably needed surgery for 10 years and didn't know it till 2 years ago when I was 26 years old and fainted on a treadmill. I seriously was close to death before surgery doctors couldnt believe I lived for so long with symptoms without complaining really. I guess because I'm so young and I'm not really a cry baby I was able to tolerate symptoms so well. I guess moral of the story its okay to be a cry baby because cry babies don't die tough guys like me do. I rather be a living cry baby than a tough dead guy.

Thank you carolingmc, My cardiologist and surgeon both know of the pain I described.

Julian, I'm hoping for same results, pain goes away after the valve replacement, the last one I had I felt close to black out, kinda fuzzy feeling.
My thoughts are maybe the heart gathering to much blood in it do to the calcification of the valve, but no medical diagnosis was given to me, surgeon said
he would wait for the valve replacement to see if this takes care of it.
Brad

How about lung burn, anyone feel lung burn from exertion .

Yes I have felt lung burn almost my whole life with exertion. I haven't really seriously exerted myself since surgery so I can't comment just yet. I'll tell you one thing, 2 years ago when I fainted on the treadmill I was getting burn then all of a sudden I felt a burning feeling in my legs then came up my back and I couldn't catch my breath jumped off the treadmill to head for the door but didn't make it, ended up on the floor unconscious... cheers : b

Yes I have felt lung burn almost my whole life with exertion. I haven't really seriously exerted myself since surgery so I can't comment just yet. I'll tell you one thing, 2 years ago when I fainted on the treadmill I was getting burn then all of a sudden I felt a burning feeling in my legs then came up my back and I couldn't catch my breath jumped off the treadmill to head for the door but didn't make it, ended up on the floor unconscious... cheers : b

Your a very lucky person,
guess I should have stated that burn a little differently. I can walk around 75 yards and my lungs begin to feel a burn, like a work out.
Brad

Latest posts

Back