Cardio Workout Mobile Application

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg~

I found a great cardio program for my Android phone - CardioTrainer
I've been using it on my walks and it's very easy to use. It tracks distance, steps taken, calories burned, speed and will allow you to connect a Polar Buletooth heart rate transmitter to measure heat rate. And once you've finished your workout, you can save the data for tracking purposes.
The version I use is free, but you can upgrade by purchasing the trainer version for $10 US that adds more features.

Please let me know if there's any other apps out there that help with workouts

That sounds pretty cool. I use Endomondo for my outdoor activities. Sounds similar, but I'm not sure about the bluetooth HRM. Where can you buy these HRMs?

Since I can now get outside and walk more than just a little way, I have been using the MobileX GPS app on my iPhone. It doesn't track HR, but does give you distance, average speed, etc. It is more accurate that I expected, down to about 30 feet or so. For me, it's nice to have a way of keeping the distance, speed, etc stats. It gives me a chance to see progress and also provides a little incentive each successive walk. I am considering upgrading to a watch/gps/HRM device when I can get out and go farther and faster.

FC
That's awesome. It sounds like these apps are pretty similar. It's a big benefit for me right now since I'm trying to track everything I do from vital signs to fitness. I'm not sure how much it will benefit in the long run, but it helps to keep me honest and motivates me to get back out there and walk.

Another Vote for Endomondo

Another Vote for Endomondo

I also use Endomondo (the free version) to track my walks with my android phone.
It ties in to google maps and shows you where you have been right on the street maps.
With the GPS setting of the phone turned on it is frighteningly accurate.
It gives you total distance, and average speed. It will even give you voice indications each mile.
It calculates calories burned based on your weight and speed, which may or may not be that accurate.

I just checked, and it does have the ability to scan for, and link to, a heart rate monitor (HRM).
I have never used this feature, but it appears to be there.
It must link via bluetooth, since there would be no other means for the phone to link to the HRM.

Thanks for the tip...I was considering buying a HRM with GPS but that would be a waste of money now. ... I am not too long after OHS and need to keep excercise program going....this is of perfect help...

Found out there is some other handy application for I phone and android. An application to check your heart rate...I thought additional equipment was required but you can check your heart rate with this application by putting your finger on the camera lens. I double checked with my HRM and it is quite accurate.

OK, I broke down and bought the GPS watch with HRM. Still in recovery mode for the walks, but am up to 1 mile twice a day. If you are into gadgets and recording the data, the watch is pretty slick. It uploads the data wirelessly to the computer and tracks almost every parameter you would want - distance, pace/speed, HR and map of workout - essentially cardio rehab data on your wrist. I have enjoyed it so far as it helps relieve the at home recovery blues and provide some motivation from walk to walk as well as some objective measurement of improvement. Sorry if I sound like a spokesman.

FC
That sounds great. What model do you recommend and is it as accurate with speed and distance as your iPhone app?

Greg-

There are a bunch of models out there. I got the Garmin Forerunner 610. It has all the bells and whistles, but I figured I had "earned" it. Accuracy seems to be at least equal to the iPhone app. I have walked the same route with both and the distance and map they draw are identical. However, I doubt that I am pushing the technology walking 1 mile at 3 mph. IT will be interesting to see how it works when they let me back on a bicycle.

Latest posts

Back