Can't find the Lodwick cheat sheet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Diana here for hubby. He is normally steady as a rock with his INR. But a wicked flu/ bronchitis/antibiotic seige has him up at 6.0

His range is 2.5-3.5. Normal dosage is 6 mg /day.

Can someone kindly glance at their cheat sheet and tell us the percentange we need to decrease and for how long?

Thanks eversomuch.

And our advice for the day: avoid comforting fussy little kids with runny noses.

Blessings.

Mike and Diana

Diana here for hubby. He is normally steady as a rock with his INR. But a wicked flu/ bronchitis/antibiotic seige has him up at 6.0

His range is 2.5-3.5. Normal dosage is 6 mg /day.

Can someone kindly glance at their cheat sheet and tell us the percentange we need to decrease and for how long?

Thanks eversomuch.

And our advice for the day: avoid comforting fussy little kids with runny noses.

Blessings.

Mike and Diana

For an INR > 5.0 with NO Bleeding,
AL Lodwick's guidelines say to
Hold Warfarin and recheck in 24 to 48 hours.
(and maybe to take ONE 5 mg dose of Vitamin K).
When back within theraputic range, start warfarin at 15-20% less than previously.

There are at least a few on-line Dosing Calculators that can be found by doing a Google Search for
"Coumadin Dosing". I recall one from the University of Michigan that I liked.

Personally, I'm not fond of holding, especially for more than one day.
For an INR in the 4 to 5 range, I prefer to just cut my dose in half for ONE day
and retest in 4 days, then tweek again if necessary. I figure that cutting the dose in half will move me in the right direction but avoid 'crashing'.

Hope your husband gets back in range soon.

Back