Canadian friends

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

Do any of you want to record a movie for me on Candian TV the next time it airs called 65 Red Roses and send me the DVD (it hasn't aired in the US)? Have any of you watched this movie of the young woman, called Eva, who just recently died of Cystic Fibrosis? I just read an article about her and went to her blog. What a vibrant, beautiful young woman.

http://65redroses.livejournal.com/?skip=20

I'll check to see if we're getting it any time soon.

I'll be happy to do it for you, but a word of caution. I too asked a U.S. member to record a program for me and had no problem getting it. But what had happened is that customs erased it - the DVD was completely blank. Reason being "it wasn't a store bought item and the program was copied without permission".

Do any of you want to record a movie for me on Candian TV the next time it airs called 65 Red Roses and send me the DVD (it hasn't aired in the US)? Have any of you watched this movie of the young woman, called Eva, who just recently died of Cystic Fibrosis? I just read an article about her and went to her blog. What a vibrant, beautiful young woman.

http://65redroses.livejournal.com/?skip=20

It's not coming TV here anytime soon. Do you have a station name?
How did you hear about it?

Thanks for the link Marsha, it works for me. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to record it off the computer. May have to wait for my son to pull this one off.

I think it was on CBC. I read an article about her today on CNN and then went to her blog. It will break your heart. Anyway, I would love to see this documentary about her. I hate it that the link is no good here. There are people trying to get a US station to pick up the show, but hasn't happened yet.

Yes that's correct, it's on CBC 'The Passionate Eye'. I believe the passionate eye comes on every Sunday and airs different topics/documentaries. Typing in CBC.ca doesn't work for you guys in the states? It should, unless your trying from from an office computer, you may have problems (so I'm told).

As far as trying to record it off the internet, it has been cautioned to me that during the recording there may be dead spots as the 'buffering' takes time and cause a 'stall' in the recording. Now if you don't mind the few stalls it may have, my son can try to record it tomorrow.

Keep in mind that there is that possibility that customs could erase it.

Yes that's correct, it's on CBC 'The Passionate Eye'. I believe the passionate eye comes on every Sunday and airs different topics/documentaries. Typing in CBC.ca doesn't work for you guys in the states? It should, unless your trying from from an office computer, you may have problems (so I'm told).

No, we get a message saying that the video can't be streamed outside of Canada :(

Latest posts

Back