can we take coumidian in morning ......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srinivassusu

hi friends, my doc adviced to take coumidian every day evening at 6pm only.My doubt is can 't we take coumidian tabs morning during break fast time or during lunch time.If it is only evening what is the reason?

SRINIVAS

Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta withdissection,BAV,mod.AR.
Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit
Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan,Dr.Sridar CARE Hospital, Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India

I take mine at breakfast. I switched from evening to morning several months after my surgery.

I'm not exactly 100% sure why doctors order warfarin to be taken at night.

Some say it's because INR tests are done during the day (at labs or Dr's offices) and any dosage adjustments can be made effective that night. I'm not sure how valid this is, since it takes about 72 hours for a dosage change to show in the INR. So what difference does it make whether you take it at night or morning, that's only 12 hours difference.

I was only told to take it at about the same time each day. I switched from evening to morning after missing a few doses (not in a row!). Haven't missed one since!

I was also told just to take it at the same time every day. I usually take mine after dinner, about 6-7PM.
I was told that if I missed a dose to just take it as soon as I realized it. I can think of a couple of times when this happened and I took it first thing in the morning and then took my regular dose in the evening.
Mark

I was told to try to take in the afternoon or night because of the making of adjustments after going in for testing. I normally take mine right after dinner. There has been a couple of oops when I have forgotten but normally on weekends when I don't have a set pattern. If I have forgotten I will take it as soon as I remember and just carry on with my normal schedule.

I have always taken mine in the morning. It makes no difference when you take it, just pick a convenient time for you. The important thing is to take it as prescribed and at about the same time each day. If you are just starting warfarin, buy yourself a 7 day pill box...that takes "did I or didn't I take my pill today" out of question.:eek:.

I have always taken mine in the morning. It makes no difference when you take it, just pick a convenient time for you. The important thing is to take it as prescribed and at about the same time each day. If you are just starting warfarin, buy yourself a 7 day pill box...that takes "did I or didn't I take my pill today" out of question.:eek:.

When I forget a dose, it's when my schedule is off -- weekends, vacations or usually when I'm in the Pacific time zone, two hours behind mine.

I realized Monday that I had forgotten to take Sunday's rat poison. Noticed Sunday's compartment was still full when I pulled out the container at breakfst Monday.
My Sunday dose is 5.5mg, Monday's is 6mg. So I took 8.5mg on Monday and 8.5 on Tuesday (adding 2.5 of the missed 5.5 to Monday's dose, and the remaining 3.0 of the missed 5.5 to Tuesday's dose).

I've always taken mine around 4 PM. Have never missed a dose in over 18 years.
Thanks to my thoughtful wife. ;)

The afternoon was suggested way back when, due to INR being run the same day and having time to change the dosage if necessary. My Dupont Coumadin Patients Guide only says to take it at the same time each day.

I've taken mine first thing in the morning whenever I get up for almost 19 years now. I'm sure I've missed quite a few here and there. I started taking it as a teenager.

Albert has taken his Coumadin in the evening for about 19 years. In that time, he has seldom missed a dose. When I started coumadin 4 years ago, I tried taking the meds in the evening and had problems almost immediately.

Albert still takes his Coumadin in the late evening and I still take mine in the mid-morning. This is what works for us.

Different strokes for different folks.

Blanche

I am taking mine in the evening at 6PM from post op. Thank u all for clearing doubts in mind.I have the alarm set on my cell phone. Haven't missed a dose yet but it's only been 15 months. Blanche i agree with u 'Different strokes for different folks'.

SRINIVAS

Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection,BAV,mod.AR.
Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit
SurgeonsS: Dr K.s. Neelakandan,Dr.Sridar,Dr.Amreesh &Dr.Jagannatham CARE Hospital, Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India

Latest posts

Back