can u suggest for fitness......?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srinivassusu

hi,After my post opp i.e 16 July,2008,my wt was 97kg and my height is 5feet 11 inches. Today my wt varies 69 to 70 kg. currently Iam doing elliptic 1/2hour burning 160-180 cals. and keeping my target HR 110-125 . Do suggest any other fitness programs?

SRINIVAS
Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection,BAV,mod.AR.
Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit
Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan,Dr.Sridar CARE Hospital, Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India

Fitness Program

Fitness Program

I'm not really sure what you're looking for here...

If you're simply looking for activity stuff to add to your work with an eliptical, you can walk, jog, bicycle, swin, etc...

If you're looking at engaging in a serious program, you may want to look at some of the materials that are available involving heart zone kinds of exercise programs. The general concept behind these kinds of programs is that you must exercise at certain heart rate levels to see any kind of improvement in your fitness level.

My maximum heart rate is 175. Exercising regularly at a heart rate of 125 would be roughly 70% of my maximum and drop me into the low range of aerobic exercise. This would provide fitness benefit, but it wouldn't result in me burning much fuel in the form of fat. I see more benefit when I get into the 80%-90% range.

Others may disagree, but I think an exercise program should involve a couple of things. First, the program should include activities you enjoy doing (try staying engaged in a program when it's not something your like to do). Second, the program should be based upon the pursuit of fitness goals you set for yourself.

-Philip

philip, what iam looking is what ever i am doing is sufficent for my fittness or any thing extra u suggest? Precisely doing !/2 workout with elliptic is sufficent or do u want me to add walking, joging, treadmill, etc...per day and is it compulsary that one should do exercise always in Target HR?

SRINIVAS

Target

Target

Shortly after AVR surgery in 2007, I was dropped into a cardiac rehab program. For the first few weeks of the program, I wasn't supposed to exceed a 125 bpm heart rate cap. As I healed, that cap was raised.

Exercising with a maximum heart rate target of 125 wouldn't work for me, but that's me not you. Keep in mind, I'm not a medical professional and it's not appropriate for me to give you specific advice. Your best course may be to visit with your cardiologist about your fitness goals and get some advice from him.

Do you enjoy exercising on the eliptical? If so, you'll likely be able to stick with your exercise program. Staying active and pursuing a decent fitness level can look like a lot of different things. Simply do activities you enjoy.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back