Cameron makes it home from hospital!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Howdy Folks,
I finally made it home yesterday (surgery+15days) at 1:00pm, and boy does it feel nice:)! It has been a bit of a bumpy road with a urinary tract infection keeping me low and in the hospital for about a week to ten days:mad:, but last Tuesday the antibiotics kicked in and I have felt like a million bucks since (with the occaisional nap to keep the million topped up:D)! It is sooooooo quiet in the house compared with the hospital. Sleeping in my own bed was interesting - the covers were heavier than the hospital and kept me pinned a little, but who is complaining. Had my first home shower today and have started to look at my daily routine - not least of which is figuring out all the pills and the pill schedule! I had always poo pooed anyone who said they had trouble keeping track of their pills, but I understand now!
I have a pact with Wifey that if she asks me more than 5 times in a day "Are you feeling OK?", I get to smack her:p!! It is good that we have the weekend and that she has Monday off so I can prove that I can be trusted to be left on my own!!
I have some pictures of the process (some a little gory) and my Top Ten Best and Worst lists of my hospital stay to share - I will put those on separate threads today once I get them sorted out!
Thanks again to all whose advice made the journey so much easier, and to those still in the waiting room, chill out, it REALLY is not as bad as you think;).
Cameron

Good for you Cameron!
I was in for 16 days.....and even then, they had to lift the truck off of me. Total wreck.
Anyway, there are great pill organizer boxes. Some even have 4 compartments for each day.
There will be days that you get confused or sleep in and wonder what pills you have taken already.
The organizers are great, and I have not screwed up my meds yet.
Hey, be happy that your lovely wife is concerned how you are feeling, let her feel involved and helpful for a while anyway. :)

Good to hear from you Cameron & glad that you are at home now. "No place like home" & that is a fact!

I hope you continue to do well & don't try to take on too much to begin with. Take it nice & slow ---- your energy & tolerance will increase in due time!

Stay well! :)

Cameron, I'm glad to hear you made it home. You sound like you are doing well. Just relax and don't push too hard, you'll get there in due time.

Kim

Glad you are home Cameron. Rest, walk, eat when you can and be good to your wife! She's recovering too!:D

HURRAY Cameron,home sweet home.
Glad to read your post and rest,eat,sleep,dont overdo
Happy your on this side of the mountain,now Godspeed.

zipper2 (DEB)

Happy to lear you are doing so well. By the way, who took the pictures in your album?

Hey Cameron,

Glad to hear you're doing great.
I had to make a pact with my wife that she gets to smack me if I whine more than five times in a day.
My negotiating skills suck.

Welcome home!

Latest posts

Back