Came home yesterday.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick,

Your condition seems perfectly normal. Almost all of us went through the same emotions of depression, discomfort, trouble sleeping, and . . . at first. Follow the routine given to you when you left the hospital -- rest, walk, breathe into the tube -- and you will slowly recover. My only advice is to not overdo it when you first start feeling better. Give your body time to recover. Best wishes for cintinued preogress.

From the reading before my surgery, Carbo-medics has been installed in 600,000 applications with a zero structural failure rate. Its lifespan is 100-400 years. I think you are in good company. Best of luck with the recovery; take it slow and easy and don't rush. All the best - Jim

P.S. I still having sleeping problems at nine weeks post-op but most of the other distractions have passed and am in the cardiac rehabilitation program at the hospital. I would describe that as supervised exercise with a heart monitor attached. Very reassuring to know what is a good level of exercise for your stage of recovery.

Hello everyone,
I'm two weeks post op now and have my ups and downs but think I'm getting a little better every day. Have been walking 1/4 of a mile three times a day which generally requires a nap shortly therafter. I have been lucky with unseasonably mild temps for the past few days, don't think this will last too much longer. Guess i'll be heading to the mall in the near future to get my walk in. Thought I'd push it a little today and went food shopping with the wife I had to go sit in the car by the time she was ready to check out. I have been off prescription strength pain meds for better than a week but I occansionally get some pain in the shoulders and the worst spot seems to right around my left shoulder blade. So all in all I guess I really can't complain but it is going to a long road to get to where I want to be. The encouragement I get from this list sure makes it a bit easier.

Thanks, Nick

Glad that things are improving, Nick. Shoulder and back pain is very common- try having your wife give you a good massage. That and some Tylenol helped Dick a lot. Keep walking, even if it need be in the mall- that's the quickest route to recovery.

You sound similar to me at this point post-op. The pace of recovery will sometimes feel slow, but hang in there. It gets better day by day. The aches and pains are normal and I found over the counter tylonol ES helped. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Latest posts

Back