Byron's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

annb

Byron came through surgery beautifully. They took the breathing tube out after about 2 hours in recovery and they have removed his big line from his neck. He stood up a couple of times last night but he has not walked yet. They are going to keep in him intensive care tonight because they are very cautious and they do not have a room available. St. Francis hospital has been wonderful and Dr. Dennis was great. Thanks for all of your prayers and I will keep you posted.

Ann

Wonderful news to hear!
Thanks for the update, and please give Byron my best wishes for a continued
recovery.:)
Mary

Great news. Glad to hear he is on this side of the mountain. Thanks for the update. Please extend my best wishes for a continued uneventful recovery.

Thanks Ann; excellent! Hope all continues to go forward smoothly.

Wonderful news, Ann. Thanks for posting and remember to take care of yourself as well!

Such good news! I hope his recovery is boring and uneventful. Make sure you are getting your rest too!

Excellent news :).

Thoughts/prayers coming for a SUCCESSFUL recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Wake me up inside" ... Evanescence ... 'Bring Me To Life'

SUPER GOOD NEWS....Thanks, Ann.

Please give B. our best and keep us posted on his progress.....a great weight off your mind, isn't it!!! The worst of it is now behind you.....just rest and recovery on the horizon.

Evelyn

Out of CICU

Out of CICU

They moved Byron to a regular room this morning. It apparently took alot out of him because he is very sore and tired. It is hard for me to imagine how he feels. He looks good though. I think he looks better than when he went in. He said the chest tube removal was terrible. The worst part so far. He has been up walking and using his breathing exerciser. He calls it his new best friend. The boys are so anxious to see him and they cannot understand why everyone else gets to see Daddy. I am hoping that tommorrow he will feel up to seeing them but we will just play it by ear. I took treats to the CICU nurses per someones suggestion on this forum and they thought it was great. Thanks for the tip. I have a notebook to record all of his medications and who dispensed them also from a tip here. You guys have made it so much easier for me. Thanks for all of your help.

Ann

I'm glad to hear he's out of ICU and starting to move around. You'll be surprised just how quickly he'll improve those first couple of days out of ICU. My wife was really surprised at the difference in me, overnight, from when she left me after the first day I was out of ICU and came back the second.

annb said:
They moved Byron to a regular room this morning. It apparently took alot out of him because he is very sore and tired. It is hard for me to imagine how he feels. He looks good though. I think he looks better than when he went in. He said the chest tube removal was terrible. The worst part so far. He has been up walking and using his breathing exerciser. He calls it his new best friend. The boys are so anxious to see him and they cannot understand why everyone else gets to see Daddy. I am hoping that tommorrow he will feel up to seeing them but we will just play it by ear. I took treats to the CICU nurses per someones suggestion on this forum and they thought it was great. Thanks for the tip. I have a notebook to record all of his medications and who dispensed them also from a tip here. You guys have made it so much easier for me. Thanks for all of your help.

Ann

I'm glad to hear this news, Ann.
You know, there is a chest tube available, made from a flexible plastic, that makes removal almost painless. Many hospitals use them during OHS, but many more don't!:( We should try to start a grassroots movement to make them mandatory in all ORs!

Wonderful news, Ann. More best wishes being passed along to you, Byron and the boys for a speedy recovery.

Jan

coughing

coughing

Does everyone cough up a bunch of gunk? He is doing great with his breathing but is having a hard time coughing up anything. He says it does not feel like there is much in there. He is having a good day today.

Thanks again,

Ann

I didn't have a lot of "gunk" to cough up either. If anything I felt kind of dry. The breathing exercises did help.

I'm glad to hear he's having a good day.

Ann,

So glad to hear Bryon is doing well. I don't remember having a lot of gunk but my oxygen levels were low. Be sure he keeps using his incentive spirometer -- that will help his lungs clear and return to normal functioning. It is indeed his "best friend" for a while (well, except for you.) :)

Missed your post yesterday, Ann and so glad to see he is on the road to recovery- slow, but sure. Take care of yourself as well.

Latest posts

Back