Busy week for all of our supporters

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozycat

Live in Mojave, Ca., "first private spaceport in t
Hey everyone, do you realize there will be four of us on the table next week:
Teresa and David on the 10th
Bookjp on the 11th
Cozycat (Midge) on the 13th

So fold your hands, bow your heads, meditate, send positive energy and whatever else is your mode of support.....I'm sure it will be welcomed by all of us. Of course, you need to send me a little extra because I'm the one that had the courage to do it on Friday, the 13th:eek: Seriously, I'll just be glad to be on the other side and not pacing around half the time. That's how my nervousness shows up--I can't sit still:rolleyes: By the time I hit that table I'll probably be ready for the rest.

Best of good wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy and less than really painful recovery to all of us. I have compiled a whole list of ways to prevent sneezes and hope something works because I normally sneeze from 10-20 times a day and not looking forward to that. None of the doctors I have seen can give me any help. Keeping your eyes open works best but if you are half asleep already it's hard to remember to hold them open really wide.

Teresa and David, since you start the process next week, here's to you both. We will soon all be on the other side of that mountain that seemed so far away a few weeks ago but is now right in front of our eyes.

Midge:):cool::confused::):):)

Good thoughts are heading your way Midge - and all who are scheduled for next week. Soon, you will be joining us on the other side of the mountain.

We look forward to your first post when you are home!!!!

Diana

Cozycat too?!
Good lord!

Well good luck to you, cat! I'll be thinking of you on Friday, sending out a powerful, drug-laden positive vibe. I wish you a speedy recovery!

BTW, although Friday the 13th is the day they cleave you in twain, relax!
You got nine lives, baby!

David

Cozycat too?!
Good lord!

Well good luck to you, cat! I'll be thinking of you on Friday, sending out a powerful, drug-laden positive vibe. I wish you a speedy recovery!

BTW, although Friday the 13th is the day they cleave you in twain, relax!
You got nine lives, baby!

David
Hey, David, thanks. Forgot I DO have 9 lives..now all is well. BTW, I don't plan on using any of them!

Cozycat

Lots of prayers to all of you.

Midge, you shall receive more prayers as David, Teresa, and Bookjp will send theirs to you too! :)

Eva, thanks for the reminder. Think I'm having pumphead pre op! In a way, although a little anxious, I'm almost entering a stage of elation that it is going to happen sooner than later. I'm sure we will all feel the tide of good wishes that will be coming our way! This is one place you can really feel all involved are "paying it forward".

Cozycat

Beed feeling that way myself for a couple days, really screwing up with my typing, hitting the wrong keys or having all the letters just in the wrong positions. Also 2 days ago at work kept messing up everyones name.

best wishes and thoughts and prayers to all of you and anyone else who will be on the table next week. Do NOT SNEEZE for about a month. Watch out for the truck. Hold hands as you travel on up the mountain to none of you trip. GODSPEED!

Midge- Got the "vibe machine" on "high". Wish you an uneventful, successful procedure, and a speedy recovery.

What I have done in the past when I have had surgery, was to focus to the time after the surgery. So think February 15th or 16th!

Midge, yes it is a busy week, but we will send each of you off in style with our prayers and best wishes. Just think- you are going to have a brand new mended "heart" for Valentine's Day- Godspeed!

Fair winds and following seas!!!

Fair winds and following seas!!!

That's what we always said in the Navy. It simply means good luck and best wishes for a smooth, speedy journey. To all of you finally getting to the "heart" ;) of the matter, the surgery itself, my thoughts are with you. I'm not too far behind. Was diagnosed this past November with a stenotic aortic valve :eek: and since then have had several tests (cardiac cath, TEE, strss echo) to resolve some contradictions in the initial nuclear stress and echo.:confused: Finally, the determination has been made that I do indeed require the replacement. We meet with the surgeon, or at least the first surgeon, this coming Thursday. We hope to finally get some definitive answers to the what, when, and where. Again, here's wishing you all the best.

Make that 5 next week. I'm scheduled for the 12th. I'm just shy and haven't posted much. Good luck to all of us and Happy Valentine's day!
Ian

Make that 5 next week. I'm scheduled for the 12th. I'm just shy and haven't posted much. Good luck to all of us and Happy Valentine's day!
Ian
Glad you got over your shyness and "fessed up". Now the week is full for Tues-Friday..and isn't Monday the day all those surgeon guys play golf or something. Whatever, there is not one of us who won't be glad to see Valentine's Day come because we'll all be on the road to recovery, rocky or not, and this wonderful waiting will be over!

Just to be polite I'm going to ask if anyone else wants to pull up another table next week? You're welcome to join us.

Take care all and I'm sure I'll be able to read some report on one or two of you before it's my turn.

Cozycat (still holding all of my 9 lives)

Midge, yes it is a busy week, but we will send each of you off in style with our prayers and best wishes. Just think- you are going to have a brand new mended "heart" for Valentine's Day- Godspeed!

Thank you for all of your wishes...they are taken to "heart". I've told my husband so many times that I'm going to have this nice open mended heart for Valentine's Day that he's getting me a piece of that "Open Heart" jewelry (as seen on TV more than enough times by now). But it seemed really appropriate for the occasion.

You are all so appreciated...there would be alot more nerves standing on end without the kind input from all of you.

Cozycat:D Remember the Cheshire Cat!

best wishes and thoughts and prayers to all of you and anyone else who will be on the table next week. Do NOT SNEEZE for about a month. Watch out for the truck. Hold hands as you travel on up the mountain to none of you trip. GODSPEED!
Ann, it's easy to say DO NOT SNEEZE when you are not a sneezer, but that is one of my biggest concerns because I sneeze so often. However, I may have come up with use #???? for duct tape. Or maybe stretch wrap would work..would be easier and less painful to remove. No, not for around my nose but maybe if I wrapped myself in stretch wrap at the level where the sternum is cut it wouldn't hurt so much to sneeze. On the other hand, I am a big believer in miracles and so need to start believing I am not going to sneeze. Since I've made such a big deal out of this, I'll let you all know.

Cozycat (maybe catnip would help):p

Thank you for all of your wishes...they are taken to "heart".

You are all so appreciated...there would be alot more nerves standing on end without the kind input from all of you.

Cozycat:D Remember the Cheshire Cat!

I echo these sentiments.
Ian

Back