Bruising Under eye on cheek

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

I was in a minor fender bender yesterday. We both were okay, at least so I thought. A couple of hours later, my neighbor noticed my face was black and blue underneath my eye. Well over night it has goteen bigger. I had put ice on it. It didn't swell up. The area just got bigger. Any ideas if it's just from coumadin. Do I need to get it checked out? Could it cause a problem, like throwing a clot? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm glad you're OK Lorraine..!!

Warfarin makes us bruise much, much, much, much more than normal. You probably didn't even feel any pain there....right? Sometimes it seems it takes forever for a bruise to go away, but if you're concerned why don't you call your doctor.. They might want to have a look at you.

I had a black eye, man did I ever. Remember folks?

Anyways, if your INR is in range you should be okay. Best get it checked out if you don't know.
In my case, I was told to keep ice on it for the next 4 days - 4 to 5 time a day. 10 minutes on 20 minutes off or was it the other way around???

Hope you didn't get whiplash, that might show up in the next few days.

Take care

A few days ago my chihuahua lifted her head at the same time I was lowering MY head. We collided on the top of her head, and just above my right eye. My INR on that day was still a bit low (2.2), but I still got a very slight bruise. I was waiting to have to explain that I got the bruise from my chihuahua, but it didn't develop very far, and nobody asked.

(I raised my dosage about 5% and will retest to make sure I'm again in range so that next time my little dog WILL give me a noticeable bruise)

Did the air bags deploy? If they did, they can easily cause bruising. Because of the circumstances, I would have a doc check it since you may need to file a claim against auto insurance.

Hi Janie: I'm glad I'm okay too. Yeah, I do know we bruise pretty easy. I'm use to that. I don't remember hitting anything, and since the area that is bruised is underneath my glasses, wouldn't I have cracked the glasses? Unless maybe I hit my head by my eyebrow. My cardio is on medical leave right now for his eyes. Since I wasn't scheduled to see him until Dec, I wasn't concerned about it. If I need to see someone though, there are associates in his clinic.

Freddie: I didn't get it checked out yet. I don't know what my INR is. I was thinking of just going to the out patient tomorrow and getting the test done. The INR nurse at my cardios office does still call me after I've had the test done, to let me know if I'm in range. I was in range a couple of weeks ago. Of course we know how that can change. lol!

Bina: Good advice. I have been putting ice packs on it. Yeah, bruising on the face especially, is quite noticeable.

Marsha: Like minds, think alike! :) I did make up a story when I went to work today, that my neighbor, who is also my boss, and I,. got into a big fight and that's how I got the bruise. Of course I confessed to what really happened, right after I got their reaction. It was hilarious.

Protimenow: Funny you should bring up the dog story. I wonder if anyone would have believed you. We would, because we know what coumadin can do, when it's too high. When I was talking to my sister, she told me I should tell everyone my cat punched me. :)

Thanks for everyone's advice. I probably will go tomorrow when I get off work and get my INR done. Actually tonight, the bruise looks a little lighter. Either that or I'm use to how it looks. lol!

Dick: No the air bag did not deploy. I'm glad it didn't. I sit very close to the wheel, because I am short! Right Janie! :) That's why I'm known as LoRain!

I do wonder if just stress of the impact of being hit, though not really hard, caused the bruising.

Freddie: No, I will not forget the ice packs. Had one on a little while ago. Getting ready to do it again. Thanks for the reminder though.

Back