Broncos' John Fox

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clay_from_nj

I guess that everyone knows by now that Coach Fox has joined the ranks of valve replacement patients. Anyone know any details? Also, it was funny watching the news people on TV mess up bits and pieces of anatomical and medical information trying to describe his condition and procedure. For instance, one talking head said that Fox's bad aortic valve was "restricting the flow of blood to the heart." And they picked an RTD employee who just had the procedure to talk to about what it was like. Gee, they could have called me - I work right in downtown Denver.

I don't know any details, but I have to laugh at the news reports that call it a "procedure". I think they all need to have a similar "procedure" so they recognize the difference between one and full blown open heart surgery.

I don't know the entire story either, but judging from my own acquantences, they need to learn the difference between CABG and AV replacement. Most folks hear the words "heart" then assume blocked arteries or heart attack. Both of which are definately more than a "procedure"

Latest posts

Back