Brian needs left heart cath

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansmom

So Brian had a CT angiogram to check his bypasses and they found that one bypass is 90% blocked and another is partially blocked. His cardiologist was out of the country so they scheduled a left heart cath/angio as soon as he got back. It is this Thursday, the doc wants to look for himself and see what Brian's options are.

Does anybody know if they can stent a bypass? Otherwise I am assuming that he will need another OHS. It has been a tough month for this kid (and me).

I pretty much had a melt down when I found out about this. I just want him to have a "normal" life.

Deanne - so sorry to read that his issue continues to be challenging. I'll be praying for some good answers and a successful cath on Thursday.

It is my understanding that Bypasses CAN be stented and that is usually option 1 when they become partially blocked.

"New Normal", hopefully.

"Normal, Normal" went out the window the day he became a Heart Patient, but you already know that.

It's good that his Cardiologist wants to 'take a look' personally so that he can combine what he knows about Brian, his History, and what he sees, all through the same eyes and mind.

Hoping for the best,

'AL Capshaw'

Deanne, I'm sorry to hear that Brian needs more medical intervention right now. I sure hope that whatever he needs can be performed via cath!!

P.S. Being a "heart mom" really sucks sometimes!!

I sure hope everything works out the way it should and you both get some good news! Praying for you.

It's a shame Brian has to go through all this, especially at such a young age. Prayers are going up and hope everything turns out well.

Cheers,
Michelle

Back