brian is on his way to the ER

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian stuck in the hospital for another day

Brian stuck in the hospital for another day

Now they got him too wet and his pulmonary pressures are really high so they are worried about CHF. It's funny because Brian told them yesterday that he felt wet and nobody believed him. My only other bitch is the coumadin management. His INR was 2.5 yesterday which is on the high side of normal for him. That is fine but I know that because he is really inactive right now it is going to go up from there so I wanted to decrease his dose by about 10%. Of course they said no, so he is probably going to go home with an INR between 3 and 4. Again, not a crisis except I know that he will want to go motorcycle riding this weekend which I don't like under the best of circumstances and really don't like with a higher INR.

Teenagers are really challenging. Oh, and my husband is going out of town today so you guys may get even more venting than usual.

I'm sorry the docs aren't really listening to Brian or you, That is SOOOO frustrating. Hopefully he (and you) will be home tomorrow and get everything back to normal ASAP,

It's good to hear that he is feeling well enough to go motorcycle riding, even if you don't want to hear it! It says a lot of you as a parent that you allow him to go, even when your stomach is in knots. He is one lucky lad to have a mom that allows him to have as normal a life as possible.

His INR was 2.5 yesterday which is on the high side of normal for him. That is fine but I know that because he is really inactive right now it is going to go up from there so I wanted to decrease his dose by about 10%. Of course they said no, so he is probably going to go home with an INR between 3 and 4.

Can you sneak him some spinach - or, how 'bout some kale (I think it got the highest Vit k. count of all):D

Glad to hear he's doing better. And yes, teenagers are challenging!!!

just getting update on Brian,hope the inr is established and your soon home,glad to read all besides inr is well.

zipper2 (DEB)

Yeap, once your in there, your at their mercy and nothing you say matters. They are the all powerful and all mighty. They have an education and absolutely no common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back