brian after right heart cath

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansmom

The right heart cath is done and they are really confused now. They are saying that his cardiac output is almost normal (though he was on a small dobutamine drip at the time). They are calling the kidney guy back in and saying that they think the problem is his kidney not his heart. I don't know if that is good news or not.
He is in ICU now with a swan in his neck. He is miserable and cranky and now is throwing up. He hasn't eaten for more than 24 hrs.

Wow! I'm with you on your state of confusion!! Although, I felt slightly relieved upon reading this because if it is his kidney & he has to have a kidney removed, he can live with one kidney, so......

Please keep us posted on this dramatic turn of events & tell Brian to hang in there & that there's lots of people praying for him! :)

Well, that's kind of a weird twist of events. I guess I'd say better a kidney problem than his heart - assuming they can pinpoint what the problem is. Gee, I hope he gets better soon, I'll bet he's hating being cooped up in the summer. Continuing prayers.

Thinking of you!!

Hope tomorrow morning brings some relief to Brian and some really solid answers.

Marguerite

Wow, hope you get the answers you need asap, and they are the ones you want! I will be thinking of you two, and praying.

My prayers are continuing. Brian was the last person I prayed for last night before going to sleep. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hoping and praying he feels better soon and that the docs figure this out soon. LINDA

Back