bra after surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anne, I'm glad to hear that someone else wanted photos like you described. I'm a guy, so the whole boob thing is a non issue. I told my family before surgery to take shots of me on the ventilator, and with strict orders to get all the tubes and IV lines. They thought it was gross, but I wanted to know what I looked like from their perspective in those early hours. Both pocket cameras crapped out and I'm hoping somebody got one on their cell phone. I still don't know.

Just glad to know I'm not a lone oddball.

This is my first post since surgery 9 days ago. Typing is still a problem. Everything went well. Will try to give a better report tomorrow.

Blair

Hi Guys,

Good to know that others have lead where I intend to follow I have asked for my 'close up Mr. DeVille' so that I could see what I looked like, I thought that perhaps everyone would ! But hey it wouldn't do if we were all the same :D

Red

Anne, I'm glad to hear that someone else wanted photos like you described. I'm a guy, so the whole boob thing is a non issue. I told my family before surgery to take shots of me on the ventilator, and with strict orders to get all the tubes and IV lines. They thought it was gross, but I wanted to know what I looked like from their perspective in those early hours. Both pocket cameras crapped out and I'm hoping somebody got one on their cell phone. I still don't know.

Just glad to know I'm not a lone oddball.

This is my first post since surgery 9 days ago. Typing is still a problem. Everything went well. Will try to give a better report tomorrow.

Blair

Good to see you and glad to hear all went well. :)

Good to know that others have lead where I intend to follow I have asked for my 'close up Mr. DeVille' so that I could see what I looked like, I thought that perhaps everyone would ! But hey it wouldn't do if we were all the same :D
A friend of ours had some of his colon removed. Prior to surgery he asked the surgeon to take a photo of his opened abdomen etc and the surgeon obliged no problem. I therefore asked my surgeon for a photo of my heart. But no, she wouldn't. I don't see why she couldn't have got one of the other medical team to take a photo with an iPod. You can see videos of OHS on YouTube - and I seem to remember someone on this forum had a bit of video of their surgery. I think it can be psychologically therapeutic to help us come to terms with what has been done to us.

PS - Gerri - I wrote a note for my husband to give to the ICU nurse requesting that he be allowed to take a photo of me when I was unconcious on the ventilator - I thought it might be prudent to ask since maybe they wouldn't like someone whipping out a mobile or camera and taking pictures without permission.

I thought it had to be a bra because we're, did I read this right, have our arms above our head, so how do you get a tank top on ?

Gerri

One week post op I was wearing a tank top. Putting it on was easy - well, it was easy once I figured out how, and I only needed a little help taking it off. That ended after an additional week. You will be keenly aware of how your body can move, and will become a WIZ at figuring out alternate ways to accomplish tasks! Slow and steady, don't be in a rush to do ANYTHING!

I have a photo of myself in CICU after I woke up, that is good enough for me, also the pacing wires coming out of my chest before they were taken out, ( pulled thru my skin) did any one else have these wires?

Latest posts

Back