Blood Presure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sagebrush

I was wondering what the high and low range is for blood presure. I had mine taken Wednesday and it was 94/60. Usually is it 120/70. I was at the doctors office when the nurse took it. She nore the doctor said not a word about it. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't say anything about it being so low.
FAYE

It'll fluctuate each time it's taken. It's not that far off of 120/70 and that is a normal reading, so they aren't concerned. Be happy that it is that low. I wish mine was. ;)

I believe that 90 systolic to the 130s systolic are considered normal, with 90 being low normal and the 130s being high normal. A reading of 120 is perfection, just like Ross, LOL. A consistent reading of 140 and over are high, and below 90 is in the low range.

I can tell you that when Joe had a gallbladder bleedout and his pressure dropped into the 80s, his doctors weren't happy about that, but his internal bleeding caused that, plus he was in shock. So you can be too low also.

But it looks as if you are just fine.

"As long as you are feeling fine.. the lower the better"

"As long as you are feeling fine.. the lower the better"

That's what my cardio keeps telling me. He says as long as you are having no ill effects... low is good. My blood pressure is consistently 100/70.

The key is your blood pressure readings over SEVERAL readings. Blood pressure can fluctuate wildly for a ton of reasons in any given reading. If you've always been about 120/70 and then consistently read about 90/60, something may be going on. Generally, lower is less to worry about than higher readings but my advice is see what they are over a few weeks and then check in with your doc. I will often use the blood pressure machines in our supermarkets (they're usually by the pharmacy). Hope that helps.

Paul

Just put me in a medical environment and you can watch mine rise to above 145/90! White coat syndrome gets me everytime. :(

Faye

Faye

I think I have said before that my BP usually runs low. It is not uncommon for mine to be 100/70 or even lower. All the doctors have said about it is "it's better than being high."

Latest posts

Back