Blood pressure up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomD

It's been about a year since my valve replacement and things have been going just great. The one thing that has always bugged me a bit is the sensation of feeling my heart beat. I ususlly ignore it and it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. However in the past 2-3 weeks it seems to be more pronounced and today I felt it more and when I checked my blood pressure it was in the 155/85 range which is much higher then my normal 130/70 range. I am not on any blood pressure meds so am wondering why the change. Anybody experience this level of change?

No,I had my surgery about 10 days before you-almost happy anniversary
to us- and I have had a BP of about 110/70 throughout. I'm not sure if
the increased BP would cause increased valvular noise,but it seems like
it could. Even though its not a dangerously high BP,I would still want to
ask your doc since its a significant jump. Probably at worst you will get
your diet moderated or a new med, best wishes-Dina

Tom,

The BP changes from one second to the other. I would not worry about it higher than norml unless you are consistently getting the same results. When I eat out, and mainly chinese food with soy sause, my BP is higher than usual for a short time.

Keep checking it more often to get a clearer picture of whether that might have been a one incident due to salty food or stress, etc. or it is changing, in which case you need to monitor it and talk to your GP.

Keep us posted.

everytime you check it

Tom, when in doubt, check it out with the doc. You don't want to take chances with BP because it can lead to allot more serious long term problems than just noticing your heart beat.

Vincent (54)
BAVR with 27mm ON-X and conduit NYP Weill Cornell Dec 19, 2008.

PS. I am not a medical professional or a doctor. My comments in this forum are my own opinion and are not intended to be given as medical or professional advise or a recommendation of any valve choice. Decisions that affect your health and wellbeing are ultimately yours and your doctors. vprnet

Tom,

The BP changes from one second to the other. I would not worry about it higher than normal unless you are consistently getting the same results. When I eat out, and mainly Chinese food with soy sauce, my BP is higher than usual for a short time.

Keep checking it more often to get a clearer picture of whether that might have been a one incident due to salty food or stress, etc. or it is changing, in which case you need to monitor it and talk to your GP.

Keep us posted.

every time you check it

I fully agree with Eva. Don't let it rattle you unless your getting consistently high numbers. So many things influence and factor into BP that it's impossible, even for physicians, to determine.

Hello Tom,
Glad to see you are doing great post op, even with the BP fluctuations. I just noticed that your surgeon was Craig Miller! I am probably going to get a consult with him soon, so wanted to check about your pre-surgery experience with him and his office, if they were responsive and explained things well to you.
Nupur

Craig Miller was fantastic

Craig Miller was fantastic

I was soooo glad I went to Miller at Stanford. Great guy, super staff and hospital recovery team. He is a real pro and spends lots of time with you as necessary.

Latest posts

Back