Blood pressure monitors

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

I have a blood pressure monitor (digital). It use to take my bp great now with all the medicine it registers errorr. I am guessing my bp is so low it can't take it. Have any ideas? I just gave up trying to use it. Thanks a bunch

Yes,this is why I like to use the old-fash type,without the digital monitor. It's really easy to use and your bp registers no matter how low your bp is.

I echo Ross's statement. Also ensure that the cuff's put on snugly.

I recently switched over from my old Omron to a new Omron (BP755-CD6). This one keeps a lot of readings (and their times) in its memory. It also signifies whether you are having any arrhythmias during the reading (that is kept with the readings in the memory also).

It's much quicker and quieter than the old one as well.

Best wishes,

A hint, although probably not relative here: Make sure the cuff size is the right size for your arm. Some people (including me) need a wider bp cuff for an accurate reading. If the cuff size is too small, you can try to put the cuff on your lower arm, but using a wider cuff is the best thing for some of us.

Blood Pressure Monitors

Blood Pressure Monitors

If you are getting no reading but others are it would be worth seeing a health professional. The range of detection can vary between monitors. Some are better that others. For value the King Yield is a good home blood pressure monitor at an affordable price. It is approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration In Australia and is available here; http://www.home-blood-pressure-monitors.com

I threw mine in the bin, it was useless. Some are sold on Amazon as "clinically validated" and are pretty good. Mine wasn't, and you check your BP three times on the run and it would be totally random. So, in the bin it went.

Latest posts

Back