Blood pressure drop

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundsgirl

Hey gang,
I have a question about a drop in blood pressure while exercising. I went for a walk and took my blood pressure monitor with me. Anyway, at first it shot up to 160/100, but by the time I was at the end of my walk, with chest hurting and very short of breath, my bp had dropped to 62/40, heart rate was still in the 100s. It was just totally opposite of what I expected the reading to be. I put a call in to Cardio., he was at a different office is going to call back today, but the nurse said meanwhile, not to walk until I hear back from Cardio.

As you know I have stenosis after my AVR. Is this why the drop? Any advise would be appreciated.

If it's that low, you need to got to the ER or at the very least, be seen by a Doctor today. You may well have an internal bleed going.

Thanks Ross,
This happened Sunday morning. My blood pressure was back to normal within 30 minutes. Still waiting on call from Cardio.

my bp also has strangely dropped but it's constant. I discovered it one day after I had been grocery shopping and bought a new bp monitor while there. I was sooo tired when I got home that I felt like fainting. Sat down, rested, tried out the new monitor and bp was down to about 80/58 with pulse of 101 and it scared me. After that time, it's stayed down but not that far. Let us know what your cardio has to say about this. I am interested.

Hey gang,
I have a question about a drop in blood pressure while exercising. I went for a walk and took my blood pressure monitor with me. Anyway, at first it shot up to 160/100, but by the time I was at the end of my walk, with chest hurting and very short of breath, my bp had dropped to 62/40, heart rate was still in the 100s. It was just totally opposite of what I expected the reading to be. I put a call in to Cardio., he was at a different office is going to call back today, but the nurse said meanwhile, not to walk until I hear back from Cardio.

As you know I have stenosis after my AVR. Is this why the drop? Any advise would be appreciated.

That does sound like a very low reading. I have had meds bring my bp down pretty low, but when exercising my main peril seems to be blood sugar getting low.

Hope your cardio will call back soon; that does sound it should be checked out. Best wishes....

Cardio, said no more walking for now. He wants me to have stress test. Sorry I haven't posted by sooner, but thanks for all your comments.

For some good news. I just found out today that I got approved for me disability and they are going to back pay me to 2005. I was in shock after all this time. It's a load off my mind. Thought I'd let u know about some good news.

Lisa, I'm so glad that you got disability. It is ridiculous it took them this long. I hope your heart stuff sorts itself out as well.

Kim

It's ridiculous, but it's how the system works.

I really believe they drag it on for years in hopes that out of desperation you give up and get a job even IF it kills you, just because most people can NOT survive 3 or more years with absolutely NO income. Thank God I was married when I was fighting for Dis, even with a husband with a good job it was tough, losing 1/2 our income for 3 years I can't imagine how a single person is expected to survive. (and then the amount you get is quite low, considerring but it covers the mortgage so that's a help)

Latest posts

Back