Blood Draw

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsidster

Me again.I had an angiogram on Oct 18 th and the nurse had the toughest time trying to draw blood and insert the small caths used to deliver drugs during the angio if required.The first nurse started on my left arm at the wrist and punctured 4 times and never hit a vien.The other nurse seeing she was having trouble asked if she need help and so she took over and tried to insert the 2 small caths at my left elbow joint and after 2 punctures was unsuccessful.She then went back to the wrist and managed to get one in and said the doc would have to work with one because they did not want to pick anymore.I seem to be fine from Oct 18 to Oct 26th.On the Oct27 I began to have pain in that arm at the upper muscle (bicep) and got some bruising show up.I cannot open my arm all the way without it pulling at the elbow .It is now Oct 29 and it has got worse and I will be in contact with the cath lab that performed the blood draw.Anyone else experience something like this?:confused:

Me again.I had an angiogram on Oct 18 th and the nurse had the toughest time trying to draw blood and insert the small caths used to deliver drugs during the angio if required.The first nurse started on my left arm at the wrist and punctured 4 times and never hit a vien.The other nurse seeing she was having trouble asked if she need help and so she took over and tried to insert the 2 small caths at my left elbow joint and after 2 punctures was unsuccessful.She then went back to the wrist and managed to get one in and said the doc would have to work with one because they did not want to pick anymore.I seem to be fine from Oct 18 to Oct 26th.On the Oct27 I began to have pain in that arm at the upper muscle (bicep) and got some bruising show up.I cannot open my arm all the way without it pulling at the elbow .It is now Oct 29 and it has got worse and I will be in contact with the cath lab that performed the blood draw.Anyone else experience something like this?:confused:

I had something similar happen one time donating blood. However, my pain and swelling was immediate. Apparently they hit a nerve and it did some temporary damage.
I've learned that it helps to be well hydrated before any type of procedure involving needle/IV sticks. In addition, after the second unsuccessful attempt, I refuse to let them try anymore. They find someone else who is almost always able to hit the vein on the first try.

Latest posts

Back